1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband Question.

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Garrett, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    I will shortly be going on broadband, I have I have a line coming in which goes to a box a line is taken off that, to an other room, and from that box a line is taken off to the computer room, only this room will ever be used for the computer how many micro filters do I need?

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    You must be talking about ADSL then.
    You need a filter for each point to which you have a phone connected. Unused sockets (nothing plugged in) do not require one. I should have said "voiceband appliance" rather than phone in that FAXES & POTS modems (including the 1 in the dreaded $ky digibox) also need filters.
    Chris Muriel (1 ADSL line shared with phone, 1 separate ISDN line, 1 separate fax line,all BT + 1 NTL domestic phone line , cable STB & domestic cable broadband - wires everywhere).

Manchester.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,231
    Thanks Chris
    Further to the above (I hope this makes it more clear???) the outside line goes to a box from it, wired inside the box lead goes to a other room but on the box socket I have a single to a duel plug that that supplies the Sky box and a phone.
    The lead that goes to the other room is to a box from that is a plug a phone is plugged in and a lead goes to my computer room. I only use the computer in this room no phone is required.