Broadband Powerline adaptors affecting your AV equipment

Well the power lines are out... Tested for an hour... Seems fine...

Would it normally occurred in that time period, what would the normal frequency be?
No idea re frequency but the fact the powerlines are removed and it's working fine is great news..

No idea re frequency but the fact the powerlines are removed and it's working fine is great news..
Yep meant would you expect it to occur in the hour or is out less frequent. Great though of that has resolved it :)

Yep meant would you expect it to occur in the hour or is out less frequent. Great though of that has resolved it :)
Sorry mate thought you meant the powerline speed haha... Hopefully it's fixed but I'm at work again... Watch this space. Normally I get about ten an hour... Or maybe more

Noises stopped!:clap:

Now put Powerlines back in/on and see what happens. That should prove they are the cause of it!

Noises stopped!:clap:

Now put Powerlines back in/on and see what happens. That should prove they are the cause of it!
I don't need to... I've removed them and it's stopped... I need to test it all further but I've been working non stop and haven't watched loads of tv... I'm off all weekend though so can double check everything then

Here's a link to a load of other links to people with powerline issues causing humming noises or static noises... This has caused me so much stress it's really done my head in for months... Have a look. I'll be watching TV non stop all weekend now I'm off work.

I've been trying out the adaptors..it seems that when you have two of the powerline wifi adaptors working in conjunction with two basic ones with just ethernet connectors that's when the problems been occurring in my house. I had a wifi one on the top floor and on the bottom floor inside of my three storey townhouse. When all turned off There's no blip... When one is off there's no blip... When both are on there is a blip on the soundbar...
Categorically speaking it's the powerline wifi adaptors casing the issues !!

Yes, Im not surprised to read that.
Injecting internet comms and the like into the AC in your house/flat/whatever is a sure way to get interference on anything AV.
The simplest approach is to remove it all and hard-wire everything. Of course if you want to retain the convenience then youll have to "protect" the AV equipment with quality filters and shunts and that costs a bit. See Vertex AQ Roraima, Taga and Jaya. The everyday items available in the high street and elsewhere are poor in this regard, in my opinion.
On top of all of this "noise" there are all the Switch-Mode Power Supplies found in just about all AV and Computer equipment that themselves inject EMI/RFI into the AC Mains. Plasma displays are likewise "noisy".
Then theres your fridge/freezer compressor and boiler pumps, more "noise".
And possibly your neighbours with their "noise". Of course you may be lucky enough to live "out in the sticks", in which case this additional/external "noise" may not be present.
As you can see, theres quite a lot to deal with here, but the "noise" can all be successfully eliminated and possibly more importantly, once done, you will notice a distinct improvement in audio reproduction across the board. With a full complement of Vertex AQ devices installed I am still very impressed with the improvements obtained. So that youre aware, I have no connection with Vertex AQ whatsoever, I am simply giving my personal opinion.

When one is off there's no blip

Is that the same for each one. i.e. is it only one that is "faulty" or both?

And previous sound bars have had the same issue so it would suggest that whatever the particular powerline adaptors are doing can't be filtered out by the onboard electronics.

I have my TV and soundbar on a 6 plug tacima mains conditioner which is connected to a belkin surge protector on the socket.

Well the mains conditioner is doing much to stop it ... :(

Yes, Im not surprised to read that.
Injecting internet comms and the like into the AC in your house/flat/whatever is a sure way to get interference on anything AV.
The simplest approach is to remove it all and hard-wire everything. Of course if you want to retain the convenience then youll have to "protect" the AV equipment with quality filters and shunts and that costs a bit. See Vertex AQ Roraima, Taga and Jaya. The everyday items available in the high street and elsewhere are poor in this regard, in my opinion.
On top of all of this "noise" there are all the Switch-Mode Power Supplies found in just about all AV and Computer equipment that themselves inject EMI/RFI into the AC Mains. Plasma displays are likewise "noisy".
Then theres your fridge/freezer compressor and boiler pumps, more "noise".
And possibly your neighbours with their "noise". Of course you may be lucky enough to live "out in the sticks", in which case this additional/external "noise" may not be present.
As you can see, theres quite a lot to deal with here, but the "noise" can all be successfully eliminated and possibly more importantly, once done, you will notice a distinct improvement in audio reproduction across the board. With a full complement of Vertex AQ devices installed I am still very impressed with the improvements obtained. So that youre aware, I have no connection with Vertex AQ whatsoever, I am simply giving my personal opinion.
Yeah there's no noise from outside..I live on a riverside estate...but there's powerlines about 200m away... Thought it could have been that but nobody else on my estate has had any issues.
I've looked at the price of those things you recommended and I think I'd rather buy a mesh system to bounce the wifi around I think...it's a 3 story townhouse and not practical for ethernet cables being put in and in any case that won't solve the wifi blackspot problem I have... I'm looking at the tp link one deco m4..

And previous sound bars have had the same issue so it would suggest that whatever the particular powerline adaptors are doing can't be filtered out by the onboard electronics.

Haha I know!!! It's like I've got a Bermuda triangle for electronics here... The mains conditioner is meant to sort out stuff like noise.

It's both wifi ones... I've swapped them over..my house doesn't like two wifi ones but is OK with one I think and two connectors with just ethernet

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

I've noticed that a lot of bars over the years have had a blip issue..I've had five bars though and they all did it..I've changed cables... Equipment..had the mainboard replaced in my TV... Total pain....

Did you take the simple step of unplugging the power line to see if the noise stopped? I had a similar noise from my Roksan K3 and was worried I’d have to repair it. However I just unplugged the power line and that stopped it straight away. Just considering something like a Tacima now to feed the hifi.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom