Broadband issues losing connection

leeboy1411

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

My broadband has been going down then coming back up after 30 minutes or so for a couple of weeks now, initially I thought it was the router so i've replaced it but i'm still getting the same problem. The funny thing is that when the internet goes down our fax machine also plays havoc printing out blank sheets of paper, as soon as the internet comes back up again the fax machine prints out blank paper. I think its an interference problem however I have still been able to use the phone and whilst using the phone i have not experienced any interference noise. Any ideas anyone?

Liam

First ensure that ALL telephony devoices, including your fax machine, are connected to the telephone sockets via filters.

Next try the router plugged into the Test Socket of the Master Socket for while. If the problem goes away, you have an internal wiring fault. If the problem persists, the fault is external you and so you should call your ISP to report it.

Last edited:
First ensure that ALL telephony devoices, including your fax machine, are connected to the telephone sockets via filters.

Next try the router plugged into the Test Socket of the Master Socket for while. If the problem persists, you have an internal wiring fault. If the problem goes way, the fault is external you and so you should call your ISP to report it.

I think the heat may have got to Beerhunter ;)

If the problem persists in the Test Socket then the fault is external, if it goes away then its your internal wiring.

haha yes i've always had everything connected via filters. Driving around i've noticed BT are doing work in my area and have been for a few days now so i'm wondering whether thats a factor, its not happening so often now but i'll try the router downstairs if it doesn't dissapear altogether.

Liam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom