broadband help needed,please take a look :)

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
basically i need my broadband upstairs and the main phone line is down stairs so how do i go about getting my broadband up and running? because the normal extension lead i have to run the phone upstairs isnt upto the job:suicide: thanks in advance :smashin:

What broadband have you got? DSL or cable?

Well assuming your talking about ADSL BB, go buy an extension kit, the type that has a socket you can fit to the wall/skirting board. Also makes for a neater job. Then you need a couple of filters, one so you can connect the DSL modem too upstairs and the other downstairs to connect to the socket your phone will be plugged into.

Hope that helps

Pcdoc :smashin:

Just in the process of putting a wireless access point on my pc upstairs which already has a router attached to it , to connect my pc downstairs to broadband. £60 from E-buyer for the access point and pci card but the numpties sent a PCMCIA in error so not up and running yet.

Panic

problem solved cheers anyway lads,it was my crappy run of cable from the main point to the bedroom that wasnt upto scratch,put in a decent cable and everything is up and running :) cheers :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom