Question Broadband boosters

stevieb333

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I have Sky broadband and usually get around 40-50MB/S at the Sky Q router. The router is situated in my home office which is a converted garage attached to the house but in a far corner. The wifi is fine in my office close to the router but poor over the rest of the house. I have just fitted a Ring Video doorbell and it would not connect to the wifi until I moved the Sky booster box to within about 3meters of the front door. I managed to set up the doorbell with this setup but now it wont even connect to the wifi even with the booster box close to it. Would I be able to get a broadband booster that would be compatible with the sky Q setup and also amplify the wifi so that I can receive a decent signal over the whole house? I have seen various makes on amazon etc. but not really sure if they do what they say they will or whether they are compatible with the sky Q router. any help or advice would be gratefully received. Thankyou

Hi, sky q router should have both a 2.4 and 5ghz frequency. The former is slower but offers better coverage. They can be split, Google how to do it and set it to 2.4 and see if that works. I can confirm WiFi boosters work, my router is upstairs and I have one plugged in the living room for a streaming stick. I don't know what range from the router they work. All the best.

Thank you Tingo I will try that. Is the booster that you have a SKY booster or is it another make? I am trying to find one that is compatible with sky but, hopefully, offers better coverage than the SKY booster :smashin:

Hi, it can be any make, mine is a netgear, has both bands and looks like a large plug and I'm using it with sky broadband , it plugs into a wall socket you can create a password for each band if splitting then log on from whatever equipment you want on your network. Full instructions come with it. Got mine from currys around £35. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom