1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband and tv from same connector with NTL

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by zoolap, Oct 29, 2003.

1. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm with NTL for digital cable and also have 512k broadband. I see that broadband uses the "tv" connector on the wall panel. I know that I can get a coax to f-plug cable to connect to tv socket directly.

Is there any kind of splitter I can get that would allow me to carry on using broadband and ntl tv connector for analogue or digital tv. If this is possible I was thinking of getting a freeview box and plugging that and broadband adapter into splitter in my bedroom.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Zoolap

2. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    No have ideas...?

I know that the cable connection in the living room uses a splitter to split signal for digital and analogue.

I was thinking that the whole house must feed from the same thing and hence the relevant device would filter the signals going along the coax cabling i.e. like adsl and analogue telephones work on the same line.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

The NTL network does not carry the signals that a Freeview box requires, you will need a rooftop or indoor aerial (Depending upon DTT signal strength) to access those channels with a Freeview STB.
    As you are aware you can split a single NTL cable to feed a NTL Digital STB and an analogue tuner (In a TV or PC card), that I think is the best you can hope for but I am no longer a NTL subscriber so can't be 100% sure.