1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broadband Advice (PLEASE need for my boss!)

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Crazy Snake Man, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Can anyone help I am really after advice/opinions on the best offers (from reputable suppliers) for unlimited broadband (1MB or 2MB) as my boss asked me as she needs to work from home now.

Do they all come with free modem??

:lease:

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    BT and Tiscali do. Check out their websites. I'd avoid AOL - their software gets a bit too close to IE imo and is a bugger to remove later. :thumbsdow

3. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has to be www.plus.net. Unlimited 2mB for £14.99 with free activation and free modem. The modem I got is a BT Voyager 205, very nice too! Avoid using the USB and connect via the network port. I strongly recommend Plus to anyone, I have used them on dial up for two years and have had no problem with the broadband. If you need help then the number is 0845 .... none of the premium rate stuff. Go for it. By the way, I don't work for Plus :)

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Used to be with plus.net back in the days of the unlimited use freephone dialup number days and was one of the 20% of their users which they banned from using the service for overusing their unlimited connection. They didnt however cancel my subscription and said I had to give the 1 months notice to cancel the account even though they had barred my dialup with them.

Whilst I dont have broadband myself, yet, I am looking at demon.net as certainly in my days of being online they were always known for an exceptional service (but pricy as they were aimed at commercial users) - their prices are much more competative these days but I dont know if that means they have sacrificed their service levels.

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    www.adslguide.org is a good place to start as you can easily compare providers.

I have no experience of broadband in a business context but names like Nildram, Zen and Pipex seem to crop up with good reports quite often. :)

6. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I use plus at work for the last 3 years on 512mb and Bulldog at home for the last year on 2gb, never had any probs with plus and have been happy with bulldog apart from a few problems arround september time

7. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Hi,

All our managers have ADSL lines at home from Nildram. Service is fantastic and a really good price.

Have just migrated from Pipex to Nildram and so far so good.

Dal

8. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Avoid the free USB modem provided! They leave you open to hackers and the like. If possible get a router with built in hardware firewall.

9. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    yep, netgear for example....will also allow boss to work around the house with wireless laptop