1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

british experimental/pop

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by m3rlin, Jan 16, 2003.

1. m3rlin

m3rlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    Im from Malaysia(yes comer spread this far!) and i recentely was lent a cd of "The Super Fury Animal" - Rings around the world, and yeah i like it!
    Always been a great fan of british experimental rock and pop, Id like to ask u if u know other british band in the same kind of SFA.
    U should be more informed than me as most of u are UK citizens, and im sure some good bands i never heard about are aired on some good radio.
    Here a summary of my taste: sonic youth, pinkfloyd, radiohead, also into underground tekno(hard tek and hardkor)
    and i really enjoyed super fury animal as it mix both of my taste(pop/electronic)
    Thanks in advance for any feed back to zis thread
    Greetings from penang/malaysia
    Alexis

2. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    M3rlin

you're right to like the Super Furry Animals, they always come up to scratch with whatever they do. You should get the DVD of the Rings Around the World album as it has 12 specially made videos for the tracks. Each of these has Surround Sound which is how it sounds when they play live. Well worth it if your Home Cinema setup has Dolby 5.1 or DTS. Also, make sure you buy their 'Radiator' album, it's the best by a long shot. Also 'Outspaced' is a good set of B-sides and rarities with classics such as 'The Man Don't Give A fudge'.

unfortunately there's not much that is similar to Super Furries. if you want to stay with Welsh bands you could try 'Gorkys Zygotic Mynci', but their music is more melodic and they don't have the techno tendencies of Super Furries.

my advice is to buy everything you can that Super Furries have done, and then when you're bored of that get back on this forum and I'll suggest some others for you :D

3. m3rlin

m3rlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for ur answer ill have a look.
    Ho by the way i ve got nothing against slow music i like it as well(got all the albums of belle and sebastian :)).
    It is just a matter of atmosphere for me, thats about being experimental....