BritBox surpasses 500,000 subs

D

Deleted member 765458

" BritBox, the US SVoD service from BBC Studios, the commercial arm of the BBC, and ITV, the UK’s biggest commercial broadcaster, has surpassed 500,000 subscribers, doubling year-on-year, as it ends its 22nd month in the US and 11th month in Canada. "

BritBox surpasses 500,000 subs

Hope it has the same sound and picture quality as Netflix/Amazon.

Just heard this on the radio. Didn't know it already existed, hope they can work it out.

If its anything like the US version, prepare for back to back Dr Who. :suicide:

No thanks unless it is free for TV license payers. We don't need this many paid. streaming services

if the good ole beeb can run a subscription style service then why not just put the whole of BBC behind a paywall and drop the licence fee , probably not, the licence fee is easy money for the beeb and crapita

The US/Canada content is not what i would call a Netflix rival.

Are there any movies?

I do not see it as a Netflix rival unless Netflix goes downhill a lot.

However if they do 4K at the rates they did during the tests then that will blow the rest away (though a two or three series does not make another supplier killer).

Netflix, is quite simply going from strength to strength. I cannot see Britbox being a huge hit over here - does this mean that they are scrapping iPlayer and ITV Hub?

Shareholders seem happy with Netflix at the moment despite the debt, which is quite scary.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom