1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brillant Episode of Smallville Tonight!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by S.S.Dhuper, Mar 31, 2003.

1. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw Smallville tonight and it was great, I liked this bad side of Clark Kent with him abusing his super powers, and him kissing Lana was hot, although he becomes normal at the end I sure hope his bad side comes out again. [​IMG]

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    I missed the first 10 minutes of the start but I too thought it was a good episode, blimy I even thought he was going to murder someone. I guessed how they were going to bring him under control though.
    He left some big clues for Lex’s dad though.

3. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These new episodes are just getting better and better, I think it'll be worth getting the entire collection on DVD.

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,569
    not at £28 for the first episode though!!

5. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps you made a mistake, £28.00 for one episode, surely you mean more then one I hope. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,004
  7. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

I was surprised at the end when Lex's dad was shown holding those bullets in his hand. How did he get them?, How did he know how they came to be like that? I know he heard the gunshots, but being blind he couldn't have known where the shots were fired. Is he supposed to have just come across them by chance? However I still don't know how he would realise the significance of them.

Going back 45 years to when I used to read every Superman comic that was printed plus all the Superboy and Supergirl ones as well, it's well known that when Superboy grows up and moves to Metropolis, there is very little mention of Lana Lang, it's all Lois Lane (Played by Teri Hatcher on the BBC).

Before I got married I had a vast collection of those comics, they were in a suitcase in my Fathers garage. I wanted to move them into my new house, sadly my wife put her foot down and told me she didn't want all that rubbish in her nice newly decorated house. I don't remember what I did with them, other than I disposed of them, when I think of the value of them now, I could cry.:suicide: :suicide:

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    I can remember how Lex lost his hair, he had a chemical fire and Superboy blew it out and with it Lex’s hair, hence the animosity of Lex.

Same here but my mother made me get rid mine during a move when I was in my mid teens. :( I had a lot of early Marvel stuff like Avengers form issue 3, Daredevil 1, some early X-Men, Spider-Man from 4, Fantastic Four somewhere in the first 10 also a lot of great DC such as Flash, JLA, Metal Men, Green Lantern, Showcase etc. The only stuff I saved in the move was Silver Surfer 1, Iron Man 1, and X-Men 48. But some of the stuff I have got in the DC Archives and Marvel Masterworks.:smashin:

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    I think all the time the confrontation was going on Lex’s father was taking every thing in. He heard the shoots from the gun that Clark fired, but there would have been so sound of them hitting any thing. Also doesn’t Clark drop the bullets? So Lex’s father would have some idea where he dropped them also he would start to put 2 and 2 together as for the significance has he twigged it yet? (if not no doubt he will).

10. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

Yes!, he may well have come across them after Clark put them down/dropped them, and you are no doubt right that he will put 2 and 2 together.

It will be interesting to see how the script writers enable him to draw the conclusion that Clark "caught" the bullets, being blind, he can only work from feel, it won't be easy to confirm from feel how they ended up in that state.

I would like to see the episode again to enable me to watch out for the clues that must have been put there, the significance of which, I didn't twig whilst watching it the first time.

I need one of these in observation. :lesson:

11. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +417
    The hooky cop asks Clark how he did that, if you recall, when Clark fires them in his hand, so Lionel would've also heard that Clark had done something above the ordinary. And Clark drops the bullets just after firing which Lionel would've heard so suggesting he had the spent bullets at least to hand.
    This is a great series and maintains the standard throughout. I cna't help but think it's also gotten a little more meaty, though S1 did have some that's gotta hurt/eugh moments too.

12. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if anybody's realised it yet, but in the SUPERMAN Movie starring Christopher Reeve I don't know if it was 2 or 3 LANA comes to visit him from Smallville, and anybody guessed yet which actress that was, well it's none other then who plays Superboys mom in Smallville.

13. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,569
    i thought she played Lios Lane in the films...?

14. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    In the films, Lois Lane was played by Margot Kidder (who went a wee bit mad a couple of years back).

Lana Lang was played by Annette O'Toole in the movie who now appears as Martha Kent in Smallville.

("Lana Lang" and "Lois Lane" do sound somewhat similar, though!)

15. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,569
    no no, i know they're different characters. I just thought it was the same actress, thats all

16. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm disgusted that no one mentioned the last mondays epoisode with Chris Reeves in it. This is thursday so I thought i have to mention it. Brilliant eposide,SPOILER [COLOR=E4E4FF] had Reeves as a rich astronomer who know some more info on where Clark came from and had been looking for him since Clark landed on earth... It had the superman theme song kicking in as Clark was finding out all thee stuff (he's still fairly lost though). It got me ready for the whole flying thing and everything else that Clark better cop onto soon (the dopey bastard)
    They had a plea at the end credits for donations to the ChrisReeves Foundation which was nice but funny. Reeves and "Clark" broke out laughing and then the whole crew in the background.[/COLOR]

[SPOILER added by Garrett, and please act on read PM’s from moderators]

17. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    Not all of us watch it on E4 or have access to it.
    I watch it on Sunday on Channel 4. I even brought it to other member’s notice that Christopher Reeve was going to appear in an episode. See here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=421707

18. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I haven't got E4, so I normally watch it on a Sunday I'm a big fan fo Smallville and also C Reeves, so this episode you're talking about will come this Sunday on 25th May, I hope!!!!

19. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +417
    All a bit ironic that someone complains that no one has posted when they have watched and not done and then to add insult to injury post spoilerie info. Really!
    If you're enjoying it thus far, you're in for a treat at the finale double as it's a high.

20. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry lads,
    I always thought the repeat was on E4 and presumed everyone would of seen it (presumption, the mother of all fudge ups). I shall not cock up again, but atleast you know not to miss it.

Have to mention I love the way they don't rely on CG for everything, they really love doing their mechanical special effects. The best one being (this eposide was months ago, could of even been the first series) but just to be safe

SPOILER****SPOLIER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOLIER**SPOILER****SPOILER****SPOILER*********************

The one when Clark loses his powers to some guy in college. He loses the plot in the carpark one day and throws Clark across the car park onto a roof of a car. He then lifts up a jeep on its side and flips it in the air. Looked absolutely excellent! and really sore for the dude who landed on the roof.

Apologies again lads

21. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't believe it "does that sound familiar" I had my VCR set up to record Smallville and what happen's they didn't show it today and it's probably due to the C£%**Y Cricket match, and today was the one with Christoher Reeve in it, they better show it next week or they'll be trouble brewing. [​IMG]

22. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    Sorry I looked at next weeks and it doesn’t sound like it So I watched it on E4 catch up. Like you I was looking to watch it om Ch4 with no logo’s but they showed some opera.:mad:

23. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is obviously some sort of ploy by the powers that are for us to get E4, it just stinks, so unless I can find someone who recorded it I'll have to get it on DVD.

24. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    I wouldn’t worry too much about missing that episode as the octagonal tablet in tonight’s episode comes into play in that missing episode.

25. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for letting me know about todays episode and this one I will be watching for sure because I've got NTL Cable TV on the basic package but every month on Channel 106 they give one channel free could be like today it's E4, CNX, MTV, etc......

26. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Please can someone answer,
    WHEN IS SERIES ONE BEING RELEASED ON DVD!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

27. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    Is tonight episode of Smallville that was on Ch 4 repeated any where before next week. I have had a quick look round on E4 and all I can see is Big Brother Live.:mad: