Brighton

Elrond

Went down to Brighton and took my camera for obvious reasons. I only took shots on the sea front as that's what I wanted to concentrate on. I did have a wonder around the lanes but it was all packed and the sun, to me, was a nightmare.

Anyway, after battling with the sun which was basically straight overhead and to avoid it the sea would have been behind me! I know there were probably ways around it, but as I'm learning I would great full for any help. I did use a CPL but it probably didn't help much as I could turn 90 degrees! You can probably tell where the sun was from the burn out sea.

I've posted one colour and one not. The sepia toned one was trying to get an old fashioned look.

I admit there not great because of the burning of the sea and under exposure in the shadows, but considering the conditions I'm partly pleased with them.

I would be greatfull to hear what you think and what if anything I could have done to improve!

T0MAT01

I really like the composition.
There's not a lot you could do about the direct sunlight, although an HDR would have given you more dynamic range, it can make the photo look false. Personally I'd go back there and try again when the light is softer (at the begining or end of the day), or maybe even try the same photo at night if the moon happened to be in the right place.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom