Brightness / Contrast adjustment of "My TV"

CodeThief

Established Member
Joined
May 25, 2002
Messages
682
Reaction score
7
Points
205
Location
UK
Is there any way of adjusting the brightness and contrast of the "My TV" portion of MCE2005?

AVIs and DVDs play back just fine, but the TV picture is washed out enough that I notice it :(

I'm using a Nova-T PCI card with the Technotrend BDA drivers.

Dave
 
I think you can change some settings in the dvd codec properties, well you can in the nvidia ones..
 
deleted member said:
I think you can change some settings in the dvd codec properties, well you can in the nvidia ones..

Hmm, I'm reluctant to do that as DVDs look fine, thanks for the reply though :)

Any other thoughts?

Dave
 
CodeThief said:
Hmm, I'm reluctant to do that as DVDs look fine, thanks for the reply though :)

Any other thoughts?

Dave
You can set custom settings, then hit the default button to revert back to the, er, default settings for watching dvd's....?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
deleted member said:
You can set custom settings, then hit the default button to revert back to the, er, default settings for watching dvd's....?

lisa

Hmm, don't fancy messing around with it every time I switch between the two. I've found an app for altering DVB-T settings but it doesn't detect my card :(

Dave
 
CodeThief said:
Is there any way of adjusting the brightness and contrast of the "My TV" portion of MCE2005?

AVIs and DVDs play back just fine, but the TV picture is washed out enough that I notice it :(

I'm using a Nova-T PCI card with the Technotrend BDA drivers.

Dave

Use Win DVD 7 and it wil be fine, the Nvidia decoder gives you a dull washed out image, also not that the MCE tv image is always more darker/dull compred to the media player image, try playing a recorded tv file in media player and media center and see the difference...I don't know the reason for this, but i'd rather play my tv recordings in media player than media center, maybe there is a fix for this?, does not matter what dvd decoder you are using, but Win DVD 7 is still the best for quality/brightness/colour...
 
meansizzler said:
Use Win DVD 7 and it wil be fine, the Nvidia decoder gives you a dull washed out image, also not that the MCE tv image is always more darker/dull compred to the media player image, try playing a recorded tv file in media player and media center and see the difference...I don't know the reason for this, but i'd rather play my tv recordings in media player than media center, maybe there is a fix for this?, does not matter what dvd decoder you are using, but Win DVD 7 is still the best for quality/brightness/colour...

That's the odd thing, recorded files play back fine under MCE :rolleyes:

Hmm, not sure if it's worth buying the WinDVD7 codec if it's still going to be washed out :(

Dave
 

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom