1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brightness changing

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by micks_address, Sep 5, 2004.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    hi folks,

i have a sony hs1 with about 400 hours on the bulb.. if genuine hours.. bought the pj second hand about 2 years ago and i have used it very little since..

lately its started sort of pulsing while on.. what i mean by pulsing is that the picture will go slightly dim - then a couple of seconds later brighten up again... and then cycle like this going dim -then bright... its not a huge variation in brightness but you can notice it all the same. Its not a source issue because its still happening even with no source connected... Any idea on what this might be? The air filter? The bulb dying? Something else?

Any ideas would be appreciated.. hope the explanation isn't too vague!

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sounds like lamp flicker - fairly common, tbh. If you run the projector in eco mode, then switching to normal lamp mode for a minute or so mighht get rid of the flicker, sometimes you'll get a flicker in it for a while (can't really say an exact number of hours..) and then it'll settle down again. Haven't read of much lamp failure with that projector, so fingers crossed !!

Sean G.

3. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    thanks sean - i'll try that tonight... hope its the case as cant really afford a new bulb at the mo..

cheers,
    mick