1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brightness and contrast level

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ricky27, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Hi,i have a sanyo plv30 and after some teething problems am very pleased with it,i was wondering how the brightness and contrast levels effect the service life and bulb life.

I have the contrast on 35 out of 63 and brightness on 28 of 63,would pushing either of these up shorten the life of the bulb?

Also,how do i get a RGB feed from my Pace digibox into my PJ,is there a special cable i can use as the box only outputs this via scart.

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure KEENE ELECTRONICS do a scart to computer input that is RGB capable. But if you want a 5 metre one its £80 (round abouts)
    Cheapest is £60 fir 1.5 metres

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    I've tried RGB tO vga convertor with this unit. The PLV30 will not accept interalced RGBS signal at 50 Hz. You will need to use S-video.

Gordon

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Ricky

You got a replacement then :) try turning the gamma up, this will improve the shaddow detail in dark scenes.

5. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    No effect. The lamp doesn't change brightness when these settings are changed.

Regards

6. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,070
    They have no effect at all. Unlike CRT and Plasma technologies, the brightness and contrast settings only affect the transparency of the LCD panel. The lamp operates at a constant output, irrespective of these settings. The only thing that affects lamp life is settings which affect the lamp output. Don't know about your PJ, but, for example, the Sony VW10 & 11 have a "cinema black" mode which actually reduces lamp output (and hence extends the lamp life).