Quantcast

Question Brightest TV Available Vs Price

connect

Hello,

I’m looking for a TV that is the brightest I can get vs the money spent. For example I know that the Samsung QLED top of the range will probably be up at the top but that’s mega money. I’m looking for a low priced TV but the brightest one in that range.

The tv will only be used outside in the summer so that’s why I want it as bright as possible.

Is there any recommendations on this from anyone or a list of TVs reviewed with brightness listed in a table format anywhere?

Thank you.

[email protected]

Why not put your budget? Fairly sure you'll get recommendations. Maybe state why brightness is such an issue.

If you simply want tables then maybe rtings may be better.

Dodgexander

Hisense U8B would have been the best but its mostly sold out now, it could reach around 600-800 nits I think.

Apart from that, TVs that can reach the minimum requirements for HDR to be problem free are your only hope. Sony XG9005, XF9005, XG9505 or Samsung Q70R and up.

If it's good HDR you are shopping for, well there's much more to HDR than only brightness. TVs need to have good local dimming too. That's why despite getting quite bright TVs like the Hisense U8B are not great HDR performers.

connect

Why not put your budget? Fairly sure you'll get recommendations. Maybe state why brightness is such an issue.

If you simply want tables then maybe rtings may be better.
Brightness is such an issue because having a TV outside needs to be bright to be able to see it in daylight. I would say ideally no more than £400. I don’t mind buying second hand. It will literally be for Sky news, music videos. Nothing major. We will be renovating the garden.

Dodgexander

Brightness is such an issue because having a TV outside needs to be bright to be able to see it in daylight. I would say ideally no more than £400. I don’t mind buying second hand. It will literally be for Sky news, music videos. Nothing major. We will be renovating the garden.
I think second hand is certainly your only option with that budget. Samsung models starting with KS from 2016 like KS7000, KS8000. 2017 ones such as Q7F. 2018 ones such as Q7FN, Q8FN.

From Sony the XE9005 (2017), XF9005(18), XG9005(19): Bargain - Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

From Panasonic only the DX902 (2016).

Other TVs don't reach high nits but may be okay, it's hard to gauge how much will be enough for your situation since even budget models now can be as much as 2-3 times brighter than old TVs, and a lot brighter than Plasma.

You should also consider the performance of the anti glare filter. The anti glare filter on Samsung models tends to be a little better. On cheaper TVs without heightened level of brightness. For example TVs new costing around your budget you should favour ones using IPS type panels such as LG 43,49 and 55 inch models.

Last edited: