Brightburn 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Coulson

From what I remember, when I watched this I thought the picture was pretty decent so that Blu Ray must be something special. But I also remember the Atmos soundtrack was very nice. As for the film itself I liked it a lot and found it very entertaining. I think Cas's point about the kid may be down to directorial choice. There is something about the kid that is a little off, but I think that he is meant to be.

encaser

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't buy this just for the transfer as the film, as you note, is subpar. Big disappointment over where it could of gone and I found some of the acting piss poor and a tad melodramatic.

stigdu

Any idea if we get the UK cinema version (cut in 2 scenes) or the US (uncut) version?

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Thanks Cas. I'm quite intrigued by this one so its a definite rental for me. I'm not against superhero films - just the boring safe ones - I better stop there ;).

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Any idea if we get the UK cinema version (cut in 2 scenes) or the US (uncut) version?
The UHD is an 18 and I think the theatrical release here was a 15 so probably uncut.

Looks like the UK Blu-ray is 15 also. Seems similar to the John Wick situation.