Question Bright strip on sony 900F

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by niron1919, Jul 12, 2018.

1. niron1919

niron1919
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is normal - I just got a new sony XBR65-900F TV. I've noticed a wide brighter strip in the middle of the TV. It is very subtle when the picture is with color but noticeable when the picture moves or in grayish tone.

Sony technical support asked for photos , i sent, and they say the TV is working under the specifications. I find it very hard to believe! They are refusing to replace the TV or to solve it.

I attached few photos of the issue to this post, can anyone here let me know if it is supposed to be like that?

Thanks so much! I feel hopeless!

Attached Files:

2. RTC89

RTC89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Does not look "normal" to me that, how can they say thats within spec? Who did you buy it from? I would be sending it back or telling them to fetch it.

3. niron1919

niron1919
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the TV at B&H in new york, the first tv i got was also defected (Red line across the screen) I called sony and they replaced it with this one. When i got the replacement it got the banding issue that i posted earlier. B&H Wont take it back now because i escalated the issue to sony and it is not the original tv i got from them, i can understand that. I just dont know how to deal with sony about this issue, it is frustrating. Any advice?

4. RTC89

RTC89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Keep pressing with Sony I would. there is no way that is within spec. You a sports fan? That would drive me nuts watching football when the camera pans from left to right because they is no doubt it would show that.

Sony are swapping my XE9005 tomorrow with the XF9005. I am not expecting the XF9005 to be perfect but I will be checking it tomorrow and if there is anything like that or bad DSE or any pixels out I have told them they are taking it back with them. Sony also told me I can reject the TV they bring for what ever reason.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  5. niron1919

niron1919
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was the issue with your TV? Also banding? Did they swap it easily or gave you a hard time?

6. RTC89

RTC89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    No banding issue with mine just the 50hz bug on the xe90 but if my replacement xf90 turned up like that I'd be telling them to take it back

7. frake50

frake50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    this issue on the first post photo unnormal its fault at the first
    this is not banding issue, if yours Sony 65 size, then its manufacturing fault, they used to make the first layer of reflection board ( hard plastic ) from 2 pieces glued together with fine colourless type between them, exact the second piece size as you have the bright one. look bad glue, it will be more worse later.. push them to replace it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. niron1919

niron1919
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was on the phone with sony for hours, they are not willing to do anything about it. Does anyone have an advice of how i can take it further? I feel really screwed and it is so frustrating

If anyone has experience please let me know!

9. frake50

frake50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i would suggest you to go with 2 option, the first option i used it before round 2 years and it had good result
    1- write e,mail within English, they understand it to Sony customer service in Japan "[email protected]", make it short and direct points with photos, explain yours upset on Sony yours region. and make wounder if this the policy of Sony to deal with customer. and ask to let any Technician in Japan to say the last words on this issue. make sure to request read mail when you sent it.

2- search and find the workshops at your place who deal and had contract with Sony repair, and show them what you have,, they would love to repair and earn money too in case the issue serious. even dont mind if they come to your house to check it with eyes. to write report for you which you can go to court and find Sony with it. hope the first option will do the job.

10. niron1919

niron1919
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much for these tips! I really appreciate it!
    I just sent an email to the address you sent, im crossing my fingers that it would help! If that will resolve the issue i want to send you a gift!!

11. frake50

frake50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    they will open case No with this complain , and in general they write to your region customer service to contact you, at this case if you got this mail contact, don't say or explain any things more, just order to assign technician to visit your house to check with him self the issue,, that's all. wish you luck

12. DUKEOFGLENN

DUKEOFGLENN
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is older, I hope this gets to the OP. I just got this TV 2 months ago. First one had 6 dead pixels, the new one has a third of the screen brighter. (Bright Strip). What was the outcome of this. I'll post my picture of mine. Any help with this?

Attached Files:

13. stormy

stormy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    What does it look like viewed square on?

14. DUKEOFGLENN

DUKEOFGLENN
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the same, slightly harder to notice.

15. LCDseeker

LCDseeker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +955
    Definitely looks like a faulty set to me and Sony are messing you around unfairly. Not sure what consumer rights are in the US but in the UK they would HAVE to replace or refund for that.