Bright projector for outdoor use

Pecker

Distinguished Member
So, I’ve not used a projector for a few years, so I’m not as up to date with the technology as I once was…though I suspect I might be looking for more of a reminder. Read on.

We’re ‘re-doing’ the garden. SWMBO suggests we could watch films outside in the autumn/winter. She’s seen those little pico projectors, costing under £100. But I’m thinking, for not much more, we could get something ‘not utterly crap’.

So, I’m looking for a ‘home cinema projector. For use outside, so has to be bright to compete with the ambient light (even though it’ll be night time).

It doesn’t need to be the last word in quality, but ‘better than a toy’ is welcome.

I’m maybe thinking about something like my old Optoma HD 720p (sorry, I can’t remember the model number). But bright, bright, bright.

Oh, and cheap. By which I mean second hand, though I appreciate I might need a new lamp.

Over to you.

Last edited:

sim12

So, I’ve not used a projector for a few years, so I’m not as up to date with the technology as I once was…though I suspect I might be looking for more of a reminder. Read on.

We’re ‘re-doing’ the garden. SWMBO suggests we could watch films outside in the autumn/winter. She’s seen those little pico projectors, costing under £100. But I’m thinking, for not much more, we could get something ‘not utterly crap’.

So, I’m looking for a ‘home cinema projector. For use outside, so has to be bright to compete with the ambient light (even though it’ll be night time).

It doesn’t need to be the last word in quality, but ‘better than a toy’ is welcome.

I’m maybe thinking about something like my old Optoma HD 720p (sorry, I can’t remember the model number). But bright, bright, bright.

Oh, and cheap. By which I mean second hand, though I appreciate I might need a new lamp.

Over to you.
Nice idea in theory, the first problem amongst many here that springs to mind is the weather in winter, cold, wind, rain, snow ice etc.

simpsod1

I bought a Elephas projector from Amazon for outdoor use.
It was actually no too bad - it did need to be past sunset to use it though

Sold it on 3 months later when I decided for a indoor set up

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom