1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bright HT PJ on a budget...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by netling, Jul 29, 2005.

1. netling

netling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I have read tons of reviews, tips, technical information (which I am keen on.), and so much marketing hype (let me wipe the vomit from my lips! :eek: ) to think I have a grasp on HT PJ but now I ask you the experts :lesson: ... Please understand that I am in an apartment so I can't mod the structure and have to work with what I have, additionally my (so to be former) business partner just got the company financial problems, so I am setting my apartment up to for business, hence, a limited budget of $2,500.

I have two connecting bright rooms that I will be giving presentation in, but also using as a HT at night, one room, the living room where people are seating, has big windows with solid curtains so I can cut a far bit of light and the other is the dining room where the screen will be it has one smaller window but with white semi-transparent curtains. They are well lit so my concern for a HTPJ is a high lumens, but I am wanting a high contrast, long lamp hours, and a kitchen sink all at the lowest cost possible. :rolleyes:

Being mostly video and still for home use DLP seems the way to go... I have looked at the Mitsubishi XD450U, which has great reviews at ProjectorCentral.com link: www.projectorcentral.com/Mitsubishi-XD450U_ColorView.htm but now with the announcement of the XD460U with a 5-color wheel and 4X speed, I am thinking resisting until November based on the XD450U reviews. I have looked at Casio, Benq, Optoma and some others but the Mitsubishi especially keeps coming up considering the cost of ownership.

So back to my original question, what are your thoughts, opinions, expert advice to maximize performance to budget?

Best regards,
    Charles

2. netling

netling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well since everyone here has a budget of $5k+, can anyone comment on the XD460U?