1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bright Green pixel on my LG26"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Orestes, May 31, 2005.

1. Orestes

Orestes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

i've had my 26" LCD screen for about a month now and yesterday discovered a bright green pixel towards the centre of my screen which stays that way regardless of picture. Its not that noticeable on bright pics, but on dark colours it sticks out alot.

Is this a 'dead' pixel, or something else? Is it normal to happen to a LCD screen? I would like to know a bit about it before I phone up the ppl I bought it off to complain.

thanks

orestes

2. nnicol

nnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It sounds like a stuck pixel, a dead pixel will be black. From reading other problems like this try gently massaging around the pixel and it might get it working again. Apparently this has worked for other people. Hope it works for you.

3. Orestes

Orestes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm thanks, i'll try that, but is there a chance of it getting even more damaged by pressing on the pixels?

4. nnicol

nnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    That's why I said lightly. Give it a try. you never know!

5. Orestes

Orestes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i tried the massaging thing with no luck...

To make things worse I found another 3 of the same pixels the other day :mad:

When I got the guy to come look at it from where I bought the tv, he suggested that the reason could be cos i'm using it with a pc.

Is this really the problem, that the screen can get damaged by diplaying the desktop and background?? or is he just taking the ****?

6. OvertoneBliss

OvertoneBliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He's taking the ****.

It won't be because you're connected via the PC at all, the only problem that may cause is that if you have the same static image for a long time, then you will get "Screen Burn" where the image is stuck on the screen.

... that's a totally different thing altogether.

Phil.

7. Deku

Deku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those stuck pixels were probably there when you bought the tv. He's passing the buck to maintain the good name of his company.

8. Orestes

Orestes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yea I thought he was probably making excuses, but I don't think they were there when I got it, I would have noticed it before I think.

Since its a month old I'm gonna ask him to gimme a replacement then

9. Image Retention

Image Retention

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And even that won't happen on an LCD. Stuck pixels tend to be a manufacturing defect.

10. Orestes

Orestes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm, I c thanks..

I'll let them know about this.

11. Orestes

Orestes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't beleive its been about 3 weeks and the company I bought it from are still stalling to replace my tv, even after they sent a technician round my house (which I had to pay for btw), who said its a factory defect. They are still saying its cos of a still screen.

I cant beleive this sort of customer service :mad: Does anyone have similar after-sales service problems as I have in Malta?

12. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Frozen/dead pixels are part of the tech im afriad, and i doubt they will replace the screen unless about 5-7 of them go. It is within limits.

Ohh and they are BSing, it is not because of a still screen, the only screens that affects is plasmas. Search for the PSP pixel fixer on google and give that a go. You never know it may work.

13. Orestes

Orestes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks i'll try that binternet, though last time I checked there were about 6, most green, and one red :mad:

I thought dead pixels were allowed, but bright green ones are more annoying on dark images.