Bright center for Denon 1910, to replace a Diamond 9.cc?

sebastian_paul

Novice Member
Hello,

I have a Denon 1910 and Wharfedale Diamond 9 speakers: 9.cc center, 9.1 fronts, 9.0 rears, 150SW sub.

I'm quite pleased with all, except the Diamond 9.cc center, so I'm looking for recommendations for another center speaker with a bright sound. Not a very big room, so volume is not an issue, but clarity is very important.

More details about my problem: despite all my tuning efforts, it just sounds bad: voices are muffled, boomy, no clarity. It's particularly bad with SD content (e.g. SD TV, AVIs), though it is better with HD/Dolby TV channels, HD MKVs or blu-ray - maybe because they have a separate center channel?

The speaker is not faulty. I tried many settings in Denon: higher crossover for center, bump the treble to the max (although it doesn't seem to make a difference), tried different profiles (with/without Audissey), re-run calibration etc.

I think the Diamond 9.cc is just a bad match for Denon 1910. So, can anyone make any advice for a better matched center? Something with lots of treble, clarity and punch.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Sebastian

dogtanian38

Standard Member
I'm in exactly the same situation, but with an older Denon 1905, and Diamond 9.0's at the front.. Dialogue on the centre is muffled and i end up adjusting the volume all the time between action scenes and dialogue sections in films.

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm thinking a 9.cs centre might help?

garyjd

Standard Member
I'd be interested in peoples recommendations given that I'm going to purchase a denon avr3311 and have a W 9.0 centre.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom