1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridged Stereo two NAD 2155 ??

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Santoku, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Santoku

Santoku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for advise on how to bridge two NAD 2155 to be connected to a pair of surround speakers. I have a Denon AVR-2802 which provides rear surround output. I currently have this plugged into a single NAD 2155 which drives a pair of rear surround speakers. I would like to put more power into the speakers and have a second NAD 2155.

How can I bridge these two NAD 2155 and use them to drive the rear surround speakers ? I am looking for detailed info (even a diagram ?? you can sketch it on a napkin and scan it in for all it matters) on where the output's from the Denon should go to each 2155, as well as how each of the stereo rear surround speakers would be hooked to which 2155.

Anyone know how to do this, or have other advise ? Really appreciate the assistance. :cool:

2. Santoku

Santoku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe I have an answer by looking at a newer NAD owners manual with more detail on stereo application of bridging. However, I have not found differences on NAD's own site regarding hooking up the source and speakers to the bridged amps. Some say the left channel is hot in bridged mode, while another source says the right channel is hot. Correspondingly, which speaker terminal (L+ or R+) the positive conductor to the speaker is attached to changes.

Any ideas ? Thanks !