Bricked x85c

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by gecko1, Jun 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gecko1

gecko1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just bought this and when trying to do a software update I'm stuck on a spinning arrow with a hand reaching for the power cable with a red circle around it. I can't do anything, power off and on does nothing. Absolutely furious with this, I feel like returning it and never buying a sony tv again.

Any ideas people?

Imgur

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  2. Aaron187

Aaron187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    You do know that means it's doing a software update? It can take about an hour..

You are also not meant to be switching then power off whilst it's doing that.

3. psp888

psp888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    yep, software update takes ages. I almost pulled the power on mine thinking it was bricked. Would be helpful if there was some kind of status bar.

4. gecko1

gecko1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, it eventually worked thanks guys. I have another problem though, the input lag is terrible when playing fast paced games like super smash brothers. I use my TV a lot for this, I may have just wasted a large sum of money :(

5. Aaron187

Aaron187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Unfortunately that's the problem you would get when you buy any 4K TV, It's not just the X85C, If you game a lot you would be a lot better off going for a 1080P TV.

6. gecko1

gecko1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There are some samsung ones at around 21ms. The x85c clocks in at 39ms. I'm coming from a 42 inch panasonic plasma, I'm not sure of its input lag but it never felt too bad, and I just thought all the new TV's out would be similar. Naive I guess.

I think i'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a separate gaming monitor for my fighting games. There's a Benq one that has been co developed with some fighting game pros, the
    BenQ RL2460HT But I can't find it in the uk. Would a USA version work over here?