Quantcast

Bricked FireTV?

Eldred180

Standard Member
Hi all. Anyone else having trouble with their FireTV box? My 2 Firesticks are OK, but I have an old FireTV box attached to the bedroom TV. Went to turn it on last week, no response, so I changed the batteries in the remote, still no response. Unplugged it, left it for a minute, then plugged back in and the LED on the box came on (white) but just fades in and out and a white Amazon logo shows on the screen. Tried the back/right button reset, no response so I did an online search which threw up the following Amazon Help forums in the US: Amazon Forums - US and Amazon Forums - US. They've now given a link to "reach out" to the US support teams but I got fed up of waiting for a Chat response. Anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it?

Eldred180

Standard Member
Thanks Jabba, I'd read and tried that, with no luck. Long Chat session today with Amazon Customer (non)support in which I was offered a 15% discount off a new unit, but I asked if according to the Forum links given above, why I was expected to pay for a new unit that seemingly an Amazon update (which on the Forums, Amazon had admitted there was a problem, although that post seems to have been removed) had caused, and wasn't the right thing to do was to send out a replacement. I got cut off then and although I'd ticked the box for an email transcription to be sent to me, nothing's turned up so far. I even suggested that they collect it and repair it, or send out a refurbished unit, but nothing doing.

Top Bottom