Brexit party can't even exit a lay-by.

gibbsy

Solutions
Reaction score
There is a by-election going on in Brecon and Radnor and the Brexit Party have fielded a candidate. Our friends live in the Brecon Beacons alongside the A470 and yesterday their grandson came in and said that the Brexit double decker bus was trying to get up the adjoining lane to the farm. Now anyone with any sense would not try to take a low slung double decker bus up a farm lane on one of the steepest mountains in the Beacons. The inevitable happened and the bus grounded and looks like it damaged the sump.

They had no option but to reverse back to the main road. After a brief inspection they decided to carry on down the road towards Merthyr Tydfil but something must have happened as they then decided to turn right into a layby. Again any professional driver would have known that it was a no no. Sure enough they couldn't make the turn but to make matters worse they again grounded the back end with the front wedged into a field gate.

Result, the Brexit Party decided to exit the bus whilst leaving the rear end sticking out dangerously onto the busy A470.

Buy hey Nigel, want someone that can drive a bus. I'm free.:)

Plenty of photos in this article:
Brexit Party bus abandoned after 'losing control' while out on campaign trail

leaving the rear end sticking out dangerously onto the busy A470.
Doesn't look like it to me... :D Although it is amusing.

Doesn't look like it to me... :D Although it is amusing.
Depends on how quick you come around that bend and they do tend to come around it very quick. The initial reaction would be WTF is that Brexit bus doing by there. The local constabulary were not amused.

"A Brexit Party bus, blocking everyone's progress, completely abandoned with no driver in sight"

:rotfl:

What a marvellously appropriate metaphor!

I know this isn't the Politics Forum (thank god), but, to me, it's reached the stage whereby nobody seems to know why we're leaving anymore - we just HAVE to.

And there's going to be another three months of endless debate and shouting and hand-wringing to endure, and that's just this site!

I’m sick to death of talking about it now.

The vast majority of people have chosen sides and seem to be sticking to that side no matter what. I’ve put myself in the middle now, I just don’t care.

I don't bother with the political side of it. Very rare do I venture to the politics forum. Dark and dangerous.

I'm stocking up ready for the civil war :smashin:

When the SNP held their ‘independence’ vote, we had farmers from the borders over here saying they were ready to take up arms to remain a part of the Union!

Not saying it’ll be Northern Ireland all over again, but wars have certainly started for less.:(

When the SNP held their ‘independence’ vote, we had farmers from the borders over here saying they were ready to take up arms to remain a part of the Union!

Not saying it’ll be Northern Ireland all over again, but wars have certainly started for less.:(

I guess loosing money given for doing nothing could encourage some to arms in a trade that can destroys lives in a blink of an eye.

We've been stocking up on angel delight and vegan stickers for the windows if it does kick off :)

Agree's on the NI and wars....

I understand they were on their way to a brewery..........

I've been thinking a bit more about this today, and from a wider perspective this it how it seems to me:

1. It has completely divided the nation and driven most of us to despair. The Union, such as it is, has never seemed more fragile.

2. It was a process that came from political expediency, not a desire for a greater good. It was instigated to perpetuate existing power and face down a political threat to that power, and the people who initiated it have got off scot-free and left us in the sh*t and the Tories are still, incredibly, in charge despite having no clue what on earth they are doing.

3. It's now all damage limitation and threats from Bozo. You know you're in trouble when you have to fill the financial chasm with sweeteners from Doughnut "Climate Change Is A Myth" Trump.

4. Even if you've been following Parliamentary procedures for years, all the machinations and duplicity from MP's still feels absolutely breathtaking. Are they really the cream of the crop?

I honestly don't know who has won what anymore, but it feels like we are all losers now. It is so dispiriting.:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom