Brexit Party - Anti-Islam Tweets

Are you saying the Labour Party is a brexit party? He is the leader of that party so his views are that of the party.

I'm not sure how Rose coloured your spectacles are, but it's a very bad world with some bad people that have some extreme views, both left and right, but to tarnish the majority of normal right minded people that have a different view from you as a racist is quite backward thinking.

That's pitiful coming from someone who uses the phrase 'remoaner'.

to tarnish the majority of normal right minded people that have a different view from you as a racist is quite backward thinking.
He isn't, he's tarnishing the ones that are racist as racist. And I don't think it's unfair to say that racists were more likely to vote Brexit than Remain, but that doesn't make all of us who voted Brexit racist. After all he would hardly brand himself a racist would he?

Are you saying the Labour Party is a brexit party? He is the leader of that party so his views are that of the party.

So the Tories are a remain party using your peculiar logic. Ok then. Labour is officially a leave party but there are factions within it that want remain. It's not yet official policy, hence why they suffered at the recent Euro Elections and also why they're continuing to argue and debate their official position. They're led by a staunch leaver, who's been one for a long time.

I'm not sure how Rose coloured your spectacles are, but it's a very bad world with some bad people that have some extreme views, both left and right, but to tarnish the majority of normal right minded people that have a different view from you as a racist is quite backward thinking.

And you have lost me there completely. I haven't tarnished any majority with anything.

You said that Corbyn isn't your type of brexiteer as he wants a customs union (or he didn't, then he did, and now, well, who knows?).

I replied that those brexiteers who are racist aren't your type of brexiteer either, but they're still brexiteers.

My point being Corbyn is a minority insofar as he is a Brexiteer who ostensibly, according to you, wants a customs union.

And racist brexiteers are a minority insofar as they are pro-brexit but are also racist.

Being brexiteers doesn't make them racist. They were probably racist long before Brexit was a thing. And if they weren't, it'd be almost impossible to show they became racist because of Brexit.

Last edited:
He isn't, he's tarnishing the ones that are racist as racist. And I don't think it's unfair to say that racists were more likely to vote Brexit than Remain, but that doesn't make all of us who voted Brexit racist. After all he would hardly brand himself a racist would he?
I wouldn't go around thinking all Muslims are trying to kill me or all northern Irish republicans want to kill me, and I wouldn't be sad enough to use it as a counter argument. But sadly this is the fundamental weapon of choice by the remainers against brexit.
My point is there are extreme views everywhere let's not use it as an excuse to stop democracy.

I wouldn't go around thinking all Muslims are trying to kill me or all northern Irish republicans want to kill me, and I wouldn't be sad enough to use it as a counter argument. But sadly this is the fundamental weapon of choice by the remainers against brexit.
My point is there are extreme views everywhere let's not use it as an excuse to stop democracy.

Is it? Is it really the fundamental weapon of choice by the remainers against brexit? Racism? You need to get out more and have proper conversations with people if you think that.

The irony of complaining about brexiteers being tarnished with a racist tag then yourself tarnishing remainers with a tag is breathtaking.

And the stopping democracy thing is just odd. How does one stop democracy or, alternatively, how does one have too much or too little democracy?

Last edited:
Is it? Is it really the fundamental weapon of choice by the retainers against brexit? Racism? You need to get out more and have proper conversations with people if you think that.

The irony of complaining about brexiteers being tarnished with a racist tag then yourself tarnishing remainers with a tag is breathtaking.

And the stopping democracy thing is just odd. How does one stop democracy or, alternatively, how does one have too much or too little democracy?
It's a very 2016 point of view.

Most remainers I know (which is most people I know to be honest) are now well and truly on the same Brexit page - leave as soon as possible under terms as beneficial to the people of the UK as possible and try to avoid a no deal Brexit. Some Brexiters interpret this stance as anti-democracy or remoaning - well that says more about them to be honest.

Unfortunately there's some who state that it's racist to use the word racist when calling out racists :confused:

Femi on Twitter

Trumpian logic at it's finest

It's a very 2016 point of view.

Most remainers I know (which is most people I know to be honest) are now well and truly on the same Brexit page - leave as soon as possible under terms as beneficial to the people of the UK as possible and try to avoid a no deal Brexit. Some Brexiters interpret this stance as anti-democracy or remoaning - well that says more about them to be honest.

Totally agree. Prevalent everywhere unfortunately, not just on here.

I still think we're going back for a second referendum, but if not, I want us to leave as best as possible. No Deal can go to hell quite frankly, but I do doubt it's gonna happen now. Just too much opposition. Unless we the people actually decide, but even out of the Brexiters I know not one of them wants to leave on No Deal. I just couldn't see a public vote advocating a No Deal.

Totally agree. Prevalent everywhere unfortunately, not just on here.

I still think we're going back for a second referendum, but if not, I want us to leave as best as possible. No Deal can go to hell quite frankly, but I do doubt it's gonna happen now. Just too much opposition. Unless we the people actually decide, but even out of the Brexiters I know not one of them wants to leave on No Deal. I just couldn't see a public vote advocating a No Deal.

Could you imagine how convoluted a second referendum would be?

May's deal.
No deal.
'Hard-Brexit'
Brexit but with customs union
Brexit but with freedom of movement
Brexit but with customs union and freedom of movement

Or any one of hundreds of variants and permutations, none of which would likely be agreed by the EU anyway.

It would only work if the question was Remain or Brexit at any cost including Hard Brexit. But why do we need that, we've already voted to leave.

OK re read and don't have the time to edit and re write everything. I mostly agree with your previous post @nabby. It's very sensible and balanced.

That's very kind of you to say so :)

Please just quickly confirm to everyone else that you're not a stooge paid by me to make me look good on here :rotfl:

But in all seriousness, you'll find that my "very sensible and balanced post" is one that most people (on here at least) who are now remainers would agree with.

May's deal.
No deal.
'Hard-Brexit'

Or any one of hundreds of variants and permutations, none of which would likely be agreed by the EU anyway.

It would only work if the question was Remain or Brexit at any cost including Hard Brexit. But why do we need that, we've already voted to leave.

The only way I can see to reverse it is via a general election resulting in a pro-EU government - who then offer a us referendum :rotfl::eek:

I really believe we will be better in the long term out of the shackles of the EU. However I respect the opinion of people that don't want to leave. It just annoys me when stereotypes are portraid (from either side I might add). The racist card really pushes my buttons.

May's deal.
No deal.
'Hard-Brexit'

What you first detail is exactly what it cannot be. And I don't think you'll find many on either side who would want such a convoluted question. It would never work.

It has to be between either Remain or No Deal. Where we're at is Parliament is never going to agree to just revoke and remain. I also find it extremely unlikely No Deal will ever pass through either. So what choices are there left - if the WA isn't up for further negotiation?

The only people who can decide between revoking or leaving hard is good old Joe Public.

I've held this sentiment for a long time now. As I also don't see a GE solving the problem either. And I don't think the Tories will call one knowing how much of a hammering they've just taken at the Euro's. 2022 is good for them!

With every day that passes now, for me we're creeping slowly ever closer to another vote.

I take it you’ve felt the same sense of unfairness towards non-EU nationals whilst enjoying the benefits of Freedom of Movement as a Dutch national living in the UK for the last 15 years, without having to go through the time or cost of applying for citizenship?

I’d never agree that all those who voted for Brexit are racists, but I do find it a little hypocritical that you would call for a ‘fairer’ immigration policy yet being one of the few posters on here who have actively benefitted from it.
Yes absolutely. In the 22 years that I’ve lived here I’ve seen it first hand that there were awesome people who we couldn’t get in just because they weren’t from an EU country.

I’ve lived in 17 countries in my time. The time and cost never was a factor when you want something.

I really believe we will be better in the long term out of the shackles of the EU. However I respect the opinion of people that don't want to leave. It just annoys me when stereotypes are portraid (from either side I might add). The racist card really pushes my buttons.

The tarnish most probably comes from those most associated with wanting Brexit politically.
When you have the likes of Farage, Johnson, UKIP, and input from Trump who, to many people, have right-wing racist overtones, then it pushes the narrative to associate Brexit with racists.

That is the downside of having these people driving the campaign from a political POV rather than a business or other model.

In simplistic terms, if you are unhappy with Brexit then you have two very powerful pictures. Farage in front of Syrians, and Boris in front of a bus. Powerful though they might have been in swinging the vote, they are equally powerful for the other side of the argument.

Those people pushing for Brexit have pushed me firmly into the remain camp. I read some very powerful and compelling arguments for leaving the EU prior (and since) to the vote. I've some deep reservations about the EU particularly the money involved. However, when looking at those political figures pushing hardest for it I didn't/don't like what they stand for and that swung it for me then and now.

Last edited:
With all those pushing references, I'm now picturing "pushing Boris in front of a bus" :laugh:

With all those pushing references, I'm now picturing "pushing Boris in front of a bus" :laugh:
Lol. Was pushing the comment out as quickly as i could during lunch break. I'm going to take a pregnant pause now
:rotfl:

:thumbsup:

Yes absolutely. In the 22 years that I’ve lived here I’ve seen it first hand that there were awesome people who we couldn’t get in just because they weren’t from an EU country.

I’ve lived in 17 countries in my time. The time and cost never was a factor when you want something.

I appreciate your correction of 22 years. Did you ever feel the need to apply for British Citizenship during that time?

Can I also ask what prevented those people from being allowed into the UK, in general?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom