Brexit Party - Anti-Islam Tweets

Who said he had? He, along with 14 others, were suspended pending investigation. If he's been given the all clear why have such a bee in your bonnet?
That you've concentrated only on that, and misunderstanding freedom of speech, is completely irrelevant to the bigger story. Actual racist comments have seemingly been swept under the carpet and the perpetrators reinstated to the party. What are your thoughts on that?

And you are entitled to your view - but freedom of speech means that other people are allowed to hold different views.

muslim for tommy.jpg

Under Article 10 of the Human Rights Act 1998, “everyone has the right to freedom of expression” in the UK. But the law states that this freedom “may be subject to formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society”.
How is that different to the right to free speech in the USA?

Unless you want to claim they don't have free speech there?

How is that different to the right to free speech in the USA?

Speech is one form of expression. I don't view them as being the same.

Unless you want to claim they don't have free speech there?

Please take the time to read my post #44 above. Then ask your question again. :rolleyes:

Interesting - so if the HRA mandate of Freedom of Expression doesn't include free speech what does it include?

My final comment on this OT issue. I never said it doesn't include it; it does. I said they're not the same. A bit like all rats are mammals vs all mammals are rats.

Getting back on topic. I'm not going to try and convince you that your stated position on the free speech of an islamophobe (Yaxley-Lennon) as advocated by a suspended then re-instated Tory councillor (or whatever he was and now is, it's not really important either way) is wrong. Just as I won't try to convince you that what you might see as fine is offensive to others as it is racist. Your views are a product of society and your environment. I'm not going to have a go at you for those views either. You are what you are, and only you can decide what that is and will be.

On that note, I'll leave this discussion thread to others.

The Brexit party has Registered Supporters. They're not members. You pay some money but you don't get a vote. Farage does all the appointments himself. Supporters have no say, no vote, and simply get stuck on endless mailing lists.

I see your point. Maybe only existing 6 weeks with rush to field EU candidates didn't leave much time to "flesh out" a full party. Maybe that will come now EU's are over.

Maybe only existing 6 weeks with rush to field EU candidates didn't leave much time to "flesh out" a full party. Maybe that will come now EU's are over
Doubtful. He wants to run it as a privately held business with a subscription model and him in absolute control, as he almost had with his last party if it wasn't for those pesky "low-grade people".

Doubtful. He wants to run it as a privately held business with a subscription model, and him in absolute control.

To be fair, its only existence is to get us out of Europe. Once we are it will disappear same way as UKIP.

He is quite funny.

To be fair, its only existence is to get us out of Europe. Once we are it will disappear same way as UKIP.

He is quite funny.

UKIP didn't disappear though did they? They just became super racist, so racist that they even made Nigel Farage uncomfortable.

But Nigel has two faces, the right-wing one here, and the far-right one overseas with his anti-Semitic/nationalist/populist buddies. This was really his opportunity to get back in the saddle here, in case it all turns to shit for him in the US.

He is quite funny.
Wits he like, eh?

But Nigel has two faces, the right-wing one here, and the far-right one overseas with his anti-Semitic/nationalist/populist buddies. This was really his opportunity to get back in the saddle here, in case it all turns to sh*t for him in the US.

He says that he's anti-establishment, he is the establishment. He's no different from the other politicians. I do agree with him about Brexit, we voted to leave - WE SHOULD LEAVE.

And let's be honest, anyone that wants a democratic brexit is a fascist and a racist aren't they? They are the new buzz words.
Nope, try again

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom