Brexit Party - Anti-Islam Tweets

...from?

all those who have made anti-islamic and antisemitic comments yet hung on like limpets.

Refreshing change to see someone admit their error and resign - wonder if it will be catching.

all those who have made anti-islamic and antisemitic comments yet hung on like limpets.

Refreshing change to see someone admit their error and resign - wonder if it will be catching.

Doubt it. To much money to be made in government parties.

Error? Is that the twitter version of misspeak?
She'd have got away with it if it weren't for Hope not Hate (cue scooby doo music). No wonder the far right hate them. She admitted her racism when she deleted the account, but still took on the leadership role. Just another far right moron.

I think it shows the Brexit Party are no different from UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. :(

It says something when an adult has to apparently speak with Nigel Farage to understand their online posts aren’t acceptable. The argument that they were,“some time ago” is also pretty weak considering they were 2017/18 :facepalm:

“The out-of-character comments that I made on social media some time ago were unacceptable in tone and content. After speaking to Nigel Farage, I realise that my comments fall well short of what is expected in any walk of life.”

Get caught, and out.

@FionaOnasanya

I think it shows the Brexit Party are no different from UKIP, BNP, EDL etc. :(

or Labour or the Tories..

face it - all the time past indiscretions get dragged up about politicians from every Party. The idea that one shower is above the fray is hilarious. I'm old enough to remember when the Liberals played the homophobia card.

So she was caught and she is out. Isn't that a good thing? Isn't that how things are supposed to work?

You know there are some parties that don't deal with things swiftly. Or their members who continue to be in denial of their wrong doings.

In fairness he's grouped them together in the context of racism (ironic considering she allegedly quit UKIP over it's anti Islam leadership)
He can hardly be blamed for a racist launching a new political party and calling it the Brexit Party. Personally my ire would be with Blaiklock, she knew she was a racist when choosing the name.

or Labour or the Tories..

face it - all the time past indiscretions get dragged up about politicians from every Party. The idea that one shower is above the fray is hilarious. I'm old enough to remember when the Liberals played the homophobia card.

However, with regards to other parties it would be somewhat equivalent of 40 Tory Mp's including the PM, 31 Labour MP's plus Corbyn - all in the same week ;)

I think I find it rather offensive you group these parties together, in context of Brexit.
Regardless of that context, they are now pretty much a similar bunch now Gerard Batty has turned the kippers into the Yaxley-Lennon Wet Knickers Party.

Regardless of that context, they are now pretty much a similar bunch now Gerard Batty has turned the kippers into the Yaxley-Lennon Wet Knickers Party.
Today I totally agree, putting it in contact of Brexit is the wrong association.

The leader of the Brexit Party has resigned over anti-Islam Twitter messages:
Leader of Nigel Farage's party resigns over anti-Islam messages

That makes a change..

I think alot of whats happened in NZ has had an impact here. The NZ people and its leader have come out in full support of the Muslims and stood side by side with the Muslim community in NZ. This open support is a new thing and no doubt a shock to some people. One example of this is biker gangs saying they will stand guard outside mosques as Muslims pray inside.

If the tragedy in NZ hadnt happened, would she have resigned? I dont think so, as the tweets were made before she took the role as the leader - so are old tweets. So it makes me think whats changed that she has now resigned. I have come up with a couple of things, firstly is NZ the other being that someone has dirt on her and has blackmailed her into resigning. I am sure there are other possibilities but wont waste time thinking about her or them.

I think alot of whats happened in NZ has had an impact here. The NZ people and its leader have come out in full support of the Muslims and stood side by side with the Muslim community in NZ. This open support is a new thing and no doubt a shock to some people. One example of this is biker gangs saying they will stand guard outside mosques as Muslims pray inside.

If the tragedy in NZ hadnt happened, would she have resigned? I dont think so, as the tweets were made before she took the role as the leader - so are old tweets. So it makes me think whats changed that she has now resigned. I have come up with a couple of things, firstly is NZ the other being that someone has dirt on her and has blackmailed her into resigning. I am sure there are other possibilities but wont waste time thinking about her or them.

Didn't she resign because Nigel Farage advised her to after Hope Not Hate located the tweets that she wrote and shared in 2017/2018 before she deleted the account? I don't see how it's blackmail, more that she was caught and, as the leader of Farage's new party, he didn't want the bad press. Essentially, she wrote numerous nasty tweets and shared other far right tweets yet supposedly left UKIP because of its' Islamophobia.

Didn't she resign because Nigel Farage advised her to after Hope Not Hate located the tweets that she wrote and shared in 2017/2018 before she deleted the account? I don't see how it's blackmail, more that she was caught and, as the leader of Farage's new party, he didn't want the bad press. Essentially, she wrote numerous nasty tweets and shared other far right tweets yet supposedly left UKIP because of its' Islamophobia.

ok thanks for that. I didnt read too much into it. Thanks for clearing it up for me. :)

Wrong thread, but yes that is not good at all. I really despair at all the political parties in the UK. What the fudge is wrong with them.
I got chastised the last time I posted in the Labour thread about the Tories ;)

LOL - what the Guardian calls Islamophobia is a request for free speech..:laugh:

Feel free to use those terms here if you feel strongly about being able to do so for your own free speech. Big LOL indeed.

Did you actually read the link - one of the examples of 'islamopohobia' was some guy criticizing Tommy Robinson being banned by Facebook!

So if it is islamopohobic to believe in free speech count me in.. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom