• SNP

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Bugger all of them .

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
You are disputing the story because of the source.

You've defended Corbyn by trying to dismiss the accusations against him due to where they come from. It's straight up ad hominem.

In what world are you not defending Corbyn?
Where have I disputed the story? My post said;

I’m not defending his actions (I have no idea what his intention was), and he is a liability for his Party
Simply, I have no idea why he went where he did, and I’m not defending him doing it.

I then suggested that neither CUFI nor Guido would be an entirely unbiased source reporting, and the only evidence presented was Corbyn trying to keep his expenses cost below a threshold. The fact that you and others then queue up to accuse me of being supportive of a terrorist sympathiser and his actions just shows how you can’t suggest that people maybe read the facts presented on here if it involves Corbyn.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
More importantly, why do you care?

If someone supports innocent people getting killed...Why do you care?
I care about reading actual facts. Maybe I’m unique on here because you seem to just want to take what you’re told by Guido at face value, because it suits.

Again, it’s getting boring this, where have I supported innocent people getting killed? Getting a bit stupid now.

Squiffy

Distinguished Member
You are sadly not unique on here.

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
I care about reading actual facts. Maybe I’m unique on here because you seem to just want to take what you’re told by Guido at face value, because it suits.

Again, it’s getting boring this, where have I supported innocent people getting killed? Getting a bit stupid now.

Whats stupid is the blatant 'turn a blind eye' and brush it under the carpet because he could be involved in stopping brexit.

I dont need to post stuff of him also supporting Hamas, Hezbollah, IRA?

Shall we run through the bias of all the websites that report facts about him?

Thanks for the sad face, no need to do it in retaliation, just do it if you feel it at the time ;)

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
You are sadly not unique on here.
Really? It’s feeling pretty full of Brexiteers (coincidentally) who throw accusations towards people who dare suggest that the articles they share might just be a little bias. I take it you’ve never questioned the motive of Guardian articles for being Pro-Remain, or those who might paint Tories in any negative light?

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Whats stupid is the blatant 'turn a blind eye' and brush it under the carpet because he could be involved in stopping brexit.

I dont need to post stuff of him also supporting Hamas, Hezbollah, IRA?

Shall we run through the bias of all the websites that report facts about him?

Thanks for the sad face, no need to do it in retaliation, just do it if you feel it at the time ;)
Oh man. Where did I say we should ‘turn a blind eye’? Nothing like making up bollox because someone has dared question a source’s narrative (not the subject itself).

Again, feel free to show where I’ve defended Corbyn or his history?

I posted a sad face because there isn’t one showing frustration at people posting rubbish because someone didn’t line up to clap Guido.

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
Oh man. Where did I say we should ‘turn a blind eye’, nothing like making up bollox because someone has dared question a source’s narrative (not the subject itself).

Again, feel free to show where I’ve defended Corbyn or his history?

I posted a sad face because there isn’t one showing frustration at people posting rubbish because someone didn’t line up to clap Guido.
If I am perfectly honest, I didnt know originally it was a guido link, however I dont think it will be hard to find links to other sites with similar.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
If I am perfectly honest, I didnt know originally it was a guido link, however I dont think it will be hard to find links to other sites with similar.
So you didn’t know what the source was that the conversation was discussing, so I assume you haven’t even read it (as it says so in the first few paragraphs), yet you’ve chosen to call me a supporter of a terrorist sympathiser and linked with me with innocent people being killed, purely on the basis that I didn’t go along with the immediate handbag clutching responses and dared suggest that the source (not the story), might be biased..

2611B892-80B9-44CE-988E-E6A8768C177A.jpeg

There’s some thorough investigations by you, I can see why you’re a fan of Guido. Finding other sites is irrelevant, I didn’t comment on other sites?

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
I meant before I commented. Nice deflection.

What is more telling is the fact that your happy to be more interested in Guido than the fact that this guy is a terrorist's friend.
Facts are facts, and it has been reported many many times and in many places.

Quite frankly, I think you have let yourself down taking this stance.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
I meant before I commented. Nice deflection.

What is more telling is the fact that your happy to be more interested in Guido than the fact that this guy is a terrorist's friend.
Facts are facts, and it has been reported many many times and in many places.

Quite frankly, I think you have let yourself down taking this stance.
Where’s the deflection? My first post, which you’ve decided I’m a terrorist sympathiser from, clearly stated that the article was a copy/paste from Guido. So you either didn’t read my post, and jumped in because I didn’t blindly go along with the article, or did read it and ignored what I typed.

The only ‘stance’ I’ve taken is suggesting that Guido isn’t exactly unbiased when it comes to Labour/Corbyn, so I’m not sure how I’ve let myself down?

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
The only ‘stance’ I’ve taken is suggesting that Guido isn’t exactly unbiased when it comes to Labour/Corbyn, so I’m not sure how I’ve let myself down?
When I first saw it I was on my phone I missed detail until I saw it on the PC.

Can you not accept, that the political bias doesnt matter if a story has factual information.

The only time there is an issue, is when a story is incorrect and there are lies told.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Can you not accept, that the political bias doesnt matter if a story has factual information.

The only time there is an issue, is when a story is incorrect and there are lies told.
I’m not sure how being on your phone meant you missed my entire post, yet you still attacked me for posting it?

It’s clearly known that political bias directs the narrative of delivering underlying facts. The example I gave earlier about Johnson and his Girlfriend arguing wasn’t deflection, it was an example of two different narratives from the same fact. Those outlets who support Johnson wrote it as a standard spat between partners, where the police were only called because of her Pro-EU neighbours. In contrast, those against Johnson wrote it as a violent/aggressive assault where the Police attended after her worried neighbours called the police out of concern for her welfare, then suggested that Johnson wasn’t suitable to be PM.

Before you accuse me of deflection again, it’s not, it’s an example to explain my point. In the same way, Momentum nutters will spin everything in support of Corbyn even though he’s a liability and shouldn’t be anywhere near leadership.

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
I’m not sure how being on your phone meant you missed my entire post, yet you still attacked me for posting it?

It’s clearly known that political bias directs the narrative of delivering underlying facts. The example I gave earlier about Johnson and his Girlfriend arguing wasn’t deflection, it was an example of two different narratives from the same fact. Those outlets who support Johnson wrote it as a standard spat between partners, where the police were only called because of her Pro-EU neighbours. In contrast, those against Johnson wrote it as a violent/aggressive assault where the Police attended after her worried neighbours called the police out of concern for her welfare, then suggested that Johnson wasn’t suitable to be PM.

Before you accuse me of deflection again, it’s not, it’s an example to explain my point. In the same way, Momentum nutters will spin everything in support of Corbyn even though he’s a liability and shouldn’t be anywhere near leadership.

I understand that, but he either did lay a wreath or he didn't, right?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jeremy-corbyn-pictured-with-pflp-terror-chief-maher-al-taher-at-2014-tunisia-wreath-laying-ceremony-t5rgh0jp5

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
I understand that, but he either did lay a wreath or he didn't, right?

Jeremy Corbyn pictured with terror chief at Tunisia wreath ceremony
Yup, he did lay a wreath. As far as I understand it, the question was whether he laid a wreath at one grave (the one he said he did) or another grave (the terrorist that Guido was saying he did).

As I said in my first post, I honestly don’t know as a I wasn’t there, and the various reporting of it give their own different opinions of the available facts (as I said). I just suggested that the source shared in this instance is clearly anti-Labour/Corbyn so maybe their article would have that narrative.

Wiki has a reference to him laying a wreath at a different grave?

Corbyn wreath-laying controversy - Wikipedia

The fact is that he laid a wreath, the narrative is how that’s portrayed.

raduv1

Distinguished Member

Underlying facts though will always be dependant on ones political bias whatever link or outlet put up . It's a catch 22 situation and a never ending debate dependant of ones choice . Although I will admit that Brexit has torn the UK in two in its diversive nature . For myself I would prefer a withdrawl deal and orderly withdrawl from the EU , would be the best possible outcome for leaving .

With the EU intransigent stance and our own HoC in disarray then the default option seems more likely . Will I be happy with that ? Not sure as uncharted and to many variables .

We have to leave though as per reforendum. Anything else would be a travistry and trust of our own democracy.

I'm at the point of not caring TBH. I also have the lowest respect in goverment and our own HoC..

Squiffy

Distinguished Member
Really? It’s feeling pretty full of Brexiteers (coincidentally) who throw accusations towards people who dare suggest that the articles they share might just be a little bias. I take it you’ve never questioned the motive of Guardian articles for being Pro-Remain, or those who might paint Tories in any negative light?
I may or may not have questioned the motive of guardian articles. I don't recall.

I'm pretty sure I've never done it while denying I was defending the subject of the story.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Seems a GE may come soon as an ex Tory MP that I know will soon be standing in Cardiff North for TBP.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
I may or may not have questioned the motive of guardian articles. I don't recall.

I'm pretty sure I've never done it while denying I was defending the subject of the story.
I feel like another poster on here but the “may or may not” argument is quite funny.

76063F2D-1845-4D43-B6D9-25F4E9E3599A.jpeg

8EFE636B-2617-4188-9586-06F05ED03B33.jpeg

Beginning of the end of the Labour Party?

Beginning of the end of the Labour Party?

B8103E89-5C97-4E13-A249-AE6CEB2E6553.jpeg

Coincidentally, my example of Johnson is an actual thread where you denied you were defending the subject of the story (but calling out IPSO standards to complain about his privacy being invaded) whilst simultaneously accusing the Guardian of being biased/politically motivated media.

The difference is that I haven’t defended the subject of the article you shared here, just accused Guido of being politically motivated.

Squiffy

Distinguished Member
I'm not even sure I actually questioned the motives of the Guardian in what you quoted. I did point out that they appeared to be in breach of IPSO guidelines and I gave evidence to support that - while also pointing out they weren't signed up to IPSO.

But that's besides the point. Can you point out where I said "I'm not defending Boris but..."?

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
I'm not even sure I actually questioned the motives of the Guardian in what you quoted. I did point out that they appeared to be in breach of IPSO guidelines and I gave evidence to support that - while also pointing out they weren't signed up to IPSO.

But that's besides the point. Can you point out where I said "I'm not defending Boris but..."?
Whoosh...

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
Yup, he did lay a wreath. As far as I understand it, the question was whether he laid a wreath at one grave (the one he said he did) or another grave (the terrorist that Guido was saying he did).

As I said in my first post, I honestly don’t know as a I wasn’t there, and the various reporting of it give their own different opinions of the available facts (as I said). I just suggested that the source shared in this instance is clearly anti-Labour/Corbyn so maybe their article would have that narrative.

Wiki has a reference to him laying a wreath at a different grave?

Corbyn wreath-laying controversy - Wikipedia

The fact is that he laid a wreath, the narrative is how that’s portrayed.

It's amazing how you ever form opinions on anything then, that happens when your not there in person.

It makes me wonder how you believe brexit is a bad thing with all this conflicting and biased information, what with you not being personally involved in the negotiations. :eek:

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
It's amazing how you ever form opinions on anything then, that happens when your not there in person.

It makes me wonder how you believe brexit is a bad thing with all this conflicting and biased information, what with you not being personally involved in the negotiations. :eek:
Sarcasm, cool.

I seem to be the one able to form opinions on those reporting the news (and their political positions), and build my own judgements, whilst you seem to just go along with whatever the people who tell you what you want to hear say, without actually reading past the headline.

Where you there, or are you just forming your opinion (in this instance) solely on what Guido told you?

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
So first narrative.
Fortunately as a British citizen you are entitled to legal aid.
I also personally thought she should be allowed back in the country and tried for her crimes.
It is illegal to make someone stateless as I'm sure you are well aware.
So JC speaking as a human being and matters of fact.
Wether you agree with that or not it's a fact and he was correct to say so.

FactCheck: Corbyn on Northern Ireland

Corbyn was engulfed in another row after attending a conference in Tunis dubbed the “International Conference on Monitoring the Palestinian Political and Legal Situation in the Light of Israeli Aggression”, in September 2014. When photos of the event were made public, he faced questions over his role in a wreath-laying ceremony that some claimed was honouring the Palestinian Black September terrorists who planned the 1972 Munich massacre of Israeli athletes.

However, Corbyn maintained that he was actually paying respects to those killed in a 1985 Israeli bombing of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation headquarters in Tunis,

Also can't believe you gave the express as a source of fact.

Anything else
Consider you are denying the antisemitism issues alone and many others you really seem to require a reality reboot. Very sad to learn that people like you actually exist.

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
Sarcasm, cool.

I seem to be the one able to form opinions on those reporting the news (and their political positions), and build my own judgements,
So we have now established you are the only one that can see through to the real news, know whats true and what is not, along with making all the correct assumptions. :suicide:

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
So we have now established you are the only one that can see through to the real news, know whats true and what is not, along with making all the correct assumptions. :suicide:
I suggested that I seem to be able to, yet you go along with what you’re told. I never said that I am the only one at all, that would be stupid :smashin:

Sarcasm, cool.

I seem to be the one able to form opinions on those reporting the news (and their political positions), and build my own judgements, whilst you seem to just go along with whatever the people who tell you what you want to hear say, without actually reading past the headline.

Where you there, or are you just forming your opinion (in this instance) solely on what Guido told you?

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
Just a quick scroll through you posts, shows your happy to believe anything that suits your argument :eek:

Had you analysed everything here and read through the spin? or just read online and chose not to question its factual content because it suits?

Yes, I assume, as I don’t work in UK Border control nor Government so I’m only going on what’s been shared publicly.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Just a quick scroll through you posts, shows your happy to believe anything that suits your argument :eek:

Had you anyalised everything here and read through the spin? or just read online and chose not to question its factual content because it suits?
Yes, I said I assumed the border conversation in Ireland would be about EU citizens coming across to the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland), because geography shows that it’s our only land border with the EU. I also said I was referring to information shared by the UK Government, and comparing it to campaign rhetoric from the Leave campaign.

8B8703E2-DA4A-4F1A-9A8C-5FDB2EE44A93.jpeg

You seem to be spending a lot of time trying to show something when all this started because I pointed out the, pretty obvious fact, that Guido Fawkes isn’t an impartial source when it comes to Labour/Corbyn and his article appeared to be based on supposition from a note by Corbyn that could also be seen as him fiddling his expenses too (rather than trying to hide honouring a terrorist when he was actually photographed there and wrote a blog about the visit himself). Hence the political leaning of a source being important. I never defended Corbyn, tried to explain his visit myself not supported him at all yet it appears to have triggered you?

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
If I could be bothered I would find a bus load of examples where your happy to accept the remain bias without question.