• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Brennan JB7 doesn't turn on

owain

Standard Member
Had my JB7 for only a few days, ripped nearly 200 CDs, went to go and rip another load this morning and it wouldn't turn on.

Electricity sockets are fine, not sure if its a fuse in the machine but it was working fine last night!

Any help would be appreciated.

Owain

larkone

Distinguished Member
If you have only had it for a few days then return it under warranty.

owain

Standard Member
Yeah, I guess that's my best bet. I was just wondering if anyone else had had this problem and had found a solution.

If I returned it, that's effectively eight hours of sitting by a machine wasted.

owain

Standard Member
I still have all the disks, but I can't access anything on the machine.

I've tested the fuse and it's fine, it appears the transformer/adapter unit is broken because the light doesn't turn on.

Thanks for your help, I will probably return it.

Spireite

Established Member
eight hours of sitting by a machine wasted.[/QUOTE]

Lol i know that feeling. I ripped my 200 odd Cds to wav on Wmp, uploaded to itunes last week and it doesn't recognize track names, artists, zilch.

formbypc

Established Member
eight hours of sitting by a machine wasted.

Lol i know that feeling. I ripped my 200 odd Cds to wav on Wmp, uploaded to itunes last week and it doesn't recognize track names, artists, zilch.[/QUOTE]

You still have the WAV files, surely, so how can your time have been 'wasted' ...?

Spireite

Established Member
Lol i know that feeling. I ripped my 200 odd Cds to wav on Wmp, uploaded to itunes last week and it doesn't recognize track names, artists, zilch.

You still have the WAV files, surely, so how can your time have been 'wasted' ...?[/QUOTE]

Because iTunes doesnt want to correctly identify WMP wav rips for some and won't sort into the correct folders etc despite track no, artist name, track name, album name and artwork all being present. It just throws them all together in various, in alphabetical order yet on WMP it's fine. No use when I'm using iTunes match.

Mercury man

Novice Member
Can anyone tell us what's the best rate to burn your cd album on the brennan? I have ordered one today also if I should get thicker cable(speaker)? I've got most of my mp3 on iTunes and some other one I can't remember but what USB should I use to start with and wich is the best and not to expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom