For Sale Breitling Emergency

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by BigFas, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BigFas

BigFas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Not sure how I feel about this, so am putting this up for sale at a fair price, much less and it's not a difficult decision to keep.

For sale is my Breitling Emergency, in the sought after Yellow Dial. Case and bracelet are titanium. I'm the second owner, and have had it since 2010. Original purchase was 2003. The watch has been serviced 3 times, most recently whilst under my ownership on 1st October 2013. OFFICIALLY the watch needs servicing every 2 years, however, they only need servicing during battery replacement which is approximately 4 years depending on usage (digi display on all time or off all time or somewhere in between).

The watch comes with a lot of paperwork and the original briefcase, instruction manual, tester, batteries and screwdriver. The only piece missing is the box that sits inside the briefcase. I smashed it during a house move 4 years ago. Just yesterday I enquired with Breitling customer service and this is £55 (£40 + £15 delivery). I will be going ahead and purchasing it and this will form part of the final sale which means the set is complete. If the watch sells before the box arrives, I will forward or if the buyer wishes to wait, then I will sell complete.

The price is £2250. I've put some basic pictures, I'll take more shortly. The service meant the entire watch was refinished to showroom condition, since then, it's picked up some minor bracelet desk swirls. No scratches or dings.

Price is currently the cheapest Emergency of this model I can find:

Current availability of ALL ermegencies on Ebay: No yellow faces:

breitling emergency | eBay

Watches.co.uk have black and coral at £2,895 and £2,995

Watch Search Results | Watches.co.uk

Watchfinder have 3 black face ones at £2950

emergency

As it's the emergency, there will be some paperwork, which I will talk the buyer through. It's not onerous, it's a simple letter stating you are now the owner with your name / address and you'll get a reply from Breitling confirming their records have been updated. I will send a similar letter stating that I confirm the watch has been sold.

There has been some mis-information regarding the onboard transmitter and lack of monitoring of the 121.5Mhz frequency, let me attempt to explain.

IF you pull the transmitter. Nothing will happen. apache gunships will not be deployed! Basically what happens is similar to Tracker Retrieve in vehicles. Someone ( a loved one) has to inform the emergency services that you're missing and then they will activate the monitoring and come find you.

Having said that. Ships and aircrafts will constantly monitor 121.5Mhz, and if they receive a distress signal, they will inform the emergency services and rescue will come underway.

Now, the kicker. IF you deploy and it's out of stupidity, you will be fined, the paperwork states the fine is limited to the cost of recovery. I.e. the cost of a helicopter / plane / ship that's deployed to find you is covered. IF it's a genuine emergency, Breitling will replace your watch free of charge. It's all explained in the documentation.

Due to the nature of this item, it's pickup only from the Slough area. Alternatively, with an agreed deposit, I will happily drive within 1 hour / 60 miles of Slough to deliver, but the handover will happen at either your place of residence or mine.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask, the watch / paperwork is in my possession and further pictures can be furnished upon request.

The only part ex I'm interested in is a Rolex GMT II ceramic bezel 116710LN with cash your way. These are selling from £4,500 from watches / watchfinder.co.uk, so price fairly.

Thank you for looking

Price and currency: 2250
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: BT / Cash / Cleared Funds
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

2. windymillers

windymillers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Is this a 51mm case?

3. BigFas

BigFas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    No, 41mm. 51 I believe is the new one which came out earlier this year, known as Emergency 2 I think.

4. windymillers

windymillers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    OK, thanks

5. BigFas

BigFas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Saturday bump

6. BigFas

BigFas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Final bump before going a different route. Will listen to close offers.

7. BigFas

BigFas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Withdrawn