Breaking up

neilo said:
ok you two please stop arguing lol
ohh i bought a 360 just need to set it up now lol

YEAH BABY!! Go Neil, Go Neil, Go Neil, Go Go Go Go!

You da man, today xbox 360, tomorrow the world!! :D Women? pah! Xbox 360 will give you less stressful enjoyment.

You know what really annoys me about the fairer sex, when they want their 'quiet' moment and get stroppy if you ask them "What's wrong?", they either say "Nothing" or, "You should know me well enough by now to know what's wrong!" Ugh, Rock...Hard Place? And God forbid you miss the fact they are annoyed entirely, don't even want to go there :).

Despite all this, we still adore them, while at times they infuriate us, they also have the ability to make us better than we ever thought we could be, that missing part which just fits so right. Sometimes, those parts do change shape and don't fit anymore, and no amount of reshaping can fix it, it's then time to find a new part, to make us work even better, or just differently. Whatever the choice, we must ensure it is not only for the good of our other halves, but also for ourselves.

stevegreen said:

yeah... :D

while she is nice, I just can't be bothered to go down that avenue...

besides, I've met someone now - and she is amazing!!

neilo said:
ok you two please stop arguing lol
ohh i bought a 360 just need to set it up now lol

Way to go mate!!! Let us know what your gamer tag is and what games you bought.

colinwheeler said:
Way to go mate!!! Let us know what your gamer tag is and what games you bought.
gamertag is neilo67
only got PGR was nothing else in tesco lol
in gonna get some games online today

Games Guru said:
Shag her best mate. See how she reacts to that! :D

ha ha, my ex started moving away from me, then eventually i found out thru a friend she had shagged someone they knew..... so what did i do? i shagged her cousin! i will inform her one day when i've moved house! teach the bitch a lesson :devil:

from my experiance(s) id say yea move on. if someone doesnt want you for whatever reason they are not worth your effort, they are probably cheating on you because they found someone better for them (that doesnt mean they are better than you tho)

its gonna be hard, it always is. i've struggled thru it and ended up asking them to come back, the heart ache isnt worth it. and less than a year later im with the perfect person :thumbsup: i completely trust her, shes always wanting to be around me and always lets me know she loves me. we are in a much better relationship and we treat each other frequently because we love each other so much.

dont try to force love. just get to know new people and things will flow naturally.... or youll just hop into bed with a hot chick and everything will work out like it did for me :D bonus thing is. they say a relationship that starts on sex is consumed by sex.... hasnt let me down yet :D

not spoken to her since 6 last night ...but my fingers are hovering over the text on my phone :suicide:

Dont do it!

Razor is bang on the money mate, they want what they cant have, all of them.

Chill, i know its hard but wil pay off long term :)

Im being good honest lol
Heyy Colin you got madden aint ya ?

Yes, and I agree with CAS FAN on this one that it is definitly one of the best launch titles for the 360. It has me jumping out of my chair cheering or abusing the little guys out on the field every couple of minutes which is very entertaining for any spectators. It is great fun! The leauge that you asked about is currently half way through but I am sure there will be another when this one wraps up.

If you get the game, then just add me to your friends list (colinwheeler) and we can have a game or two and I can point out some stuff that I know. Also feel free to add me to your list for PGR3 fun.

By the way, there are also some excellent games to be had on Live Arcade like a pool game, backgammon, Gauntlet and some others that are really adictive and can mostly all be played online in a pretty social environment.

If you like shooters, PDZ (Project Dark Zero) has a pretty big following in AVForums and they are a really sociable bunch, but then with GR:AW comming, I am not sure how many of them will move to this.

Mate, trust me, you did the right thing. The 360 will keep your mind off the current issues. Just remeber to speak to Razor about some gym work too mate!:thumbsup:

colinwheeler said:
Yes, and I agree with CAS FAN on this one that it is definitly one of the best launch titles for the 360. It has me jumping out of my chair cheering or abusing the little guys out on the field every couple of minutes which is very entertaining for any spectators. It is great fun! The leauge that you asked about is currently half way through but I am sure there will be another when this one wraps up.

If you get the game, then just add me to your friends list (colinwheeler) and we can have a game or two and I can point out some stuff that I know. Also feel free to add me to your list for PGR3 fun.

By the way, there are also some excellent games to be had on Live Arcade like a pool game, backgammon, Gauntlet and some others that are really adictive and can mostly all be played online in a pretty social environment.

If you like shooters, PDZ (Project Dark Zero) has a pretty big following in AVForums and they are a really sociable bunch, but then with GR:AW comming, I am not sure how many of them will move to this.

Mate, trust me, you did the right thing. The 360 will keep your mind off the current issues. Just remeber to speak to Razor about some gym work too mate!:thumbsup:

Has been playing Madden since it was on the Mega drive many late late night during college lol

Not played in a while though so will be rusty lol
Yeah when I first saw the Madden league being set up I was very jealous that i didnt have a 360 then

Razor is gonna sort me out I hope
There really are so many nice people in these forums , you all really helped me yesterday So a big big thanks to you all

Its a pleasure mate and I agree with you about these forums. They are excellent and it is an amazingly caring community.

Well well she just texted me lol telling me about her swim today lol

Just keep it friendly and don't get your hopes up too much mate...these small messages can throw you into big wobblies, I know!!!!

neilo said:
Well well she just texted me lol telling me about her swim today lol

I hate it when they [women] do that - what is the point..? - they wanna break up, but still they contact you....no wonder your heads messed up mate...

I'd find someone else sharpish!!!

yea be civil, reply to her, but say that you shouldnt be talking to her if she wants it to be over. say shes made her feelings clear and you dont want to confuse the issue, besides you met that chick last night with the huge wazzas yea? ;)

dont be sucked in, women have a talent of making you feel like ****

It does not seem 'normal' to me either i have to say. If an ex knows how devastated you can be over this then what does she think she is doing? I have no doubt she knoes exactly what she is doing. In my experience it usually one of two thoughts patterns: A power and ego thing where she is all to aware of your current 'fragile' nature or a 'i've made the leap but still want to know i have the emotional support from you i did when we were together - just in case' type of thing.
No normal caring person would put someone under additional duress.
I would say never be in any hurry to respond to these texts and don't bother at all if there is nothing specific about them and continue with any plans, social or otherwise, that you have. Do not do the 'drop of the hat' thing. Adjust to fact that you are not a couple as soon as you can.
If she wanted to get back with you, one would imagine she would be making more of an effort than sending you inconsequential little text messages (to screw you up)
None of this sort of behaviour is remnotely funny or on imho and i truely do believe that for 99% of the time a clean break is best for both parties sanity and return to a stable and coherent state of mind.

Steven

I guess what i am trying to say there is a break-up is not for sharing with the person you broke up with. It is something you need to do and learn from for yourself.
That which does not break us, makes us stronger etc etc.

Steven

I get the feeling its not effecting her at all

Be honest with yourself mate, 9 times out of 10 you know the answer to your question.
Try not to stew on it.

as guess as we have spilt before and got back together I hold out hope

Women eh, cant live with em, cant live with em:rotfl:

I have sypmathy for you mate, I really do. When you break up with some one, it can really feel like that knife has gone in to your guts and then been twisted:eek: They can really sick it in and break it off if they want to:eek:

Women can be really heart less as well. I have had a few break ups, and, as soon as you have split its like they beome a differnt person. Very strange indeed.

I split from my long time partner a few years ago. It was about 8 months after our first child. She moved out and took my son with her. I fought hard to sort things out, but she was adimant that she was unhappy and did not want to sort things out. It got nasty after a while. Threats about visiting rights for my son, arguments about custody of him. This went on for around 6 months. Then, out of the blue, she said she wanted to come back. Now after all this time, I was getting used to being by my self, so I strung her on just a little bit and then said ok:devil:
We have had a few ups and downs since then, but things are pretty good at the moment,(today anyway):rotfl:

At the end of the day, you need to do what your heart tells you to. If you want her back, fight for her, but as others have said, dont make your self look pathetic in the process, crying while kneeling down in front of her as she wants to walk out the door just does not work. Trust me on that one:D

That sick feeling you have, it will start to go away with time:smashin:

All the best mate.

Dave.

Sorry to be so blunt, but at the end of the day, if she is the sort of person to throw a marriage down the pan for another man, you can't be too surprised if she doesn't seem too bothered about leaving "just" a boyfriend really.

She sounds like a heartless bitch TBH.

OK, my 2p worth.

4th quarter of last year, my wife of 5 1/2 years (8 yr relationship) broke up. I broke it off as the situation had become untenable, it really wasn't working out. We had tried Relate counselling and all that but it didn't work.

So, I moved out and she moved away from the area. We didn't really have a lot of communication for a while but started to talk around Christmas. I found out that she had been talking with an old boyfriend of hers from the US, which is where she is from, and he was coming over to 'keep her company' during the holidays. The thought of her being with someone else really hurt and it made me want to try one last time to make it work, so I contacted her to tell her this and she said that I should visit her after her 'friend' had gone back home. I thought great, perhaps we can get back together but I also said to her that if there was really no chance of us getting back together then she should be honest and tell me, so I can try to move on and not be left hanging. So...I went to see her and what did she tell me? Yep, you've guessed it. That there was no chance and that she had started a new relationship with this new guy. I was gutted but I fought really hard to get over it and I realise now that we are much better off apart and doing our own thing. The cherry on the icing on the cake for me was when she called me the other day to talk because she was "feeling stressed at work and she needed someone to talk to", so I told her to not call me again for support as she had chosen someone else to be her support system now and she should use him. She was pretty surprised that I had said that but it made an important point. She is leaving the UK to move back to the US and move in with this new guy on Sunday. So, we had an eight year relationship and after about two months she had started a new relationship and a few months after that she is moving half way across the world to move in with him. I'm sure it will be on my mind come the weekend but quite frankly, I am more concerned with looking for another beautiful woman who will be much better for me and treat me the way I deserve to be treated and also appreciate the effort that I put in as well.

Make of that what you will mate but the best of luck to ya.

Interesting reading and most people come in from the dumped perspective.

However, I left my partner after 11 odd years of together including 8 years of marriage. Personally, I have never really recovered from doing what I did as I made my decision when I was suffering from serious depression.
As such I still hanker for her or indeed the past which is tough. I have tried everything in my power to get over it and move on and I am better than a year ago but it still hurts. I dread to think what my ex went through in respect of my behaviour and I so wish I had not done what I did. I honestly believe that we could have another great relationship but sadly it is over and it still hurts my heart.

Who knows what the future will hold though to be honest going out and meeting new women is something I simply dont consider anymore as we never fell out of love, I just lost my way, if that makes sense.

Pete.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom