BREAKING NEWS! Jonathan Ive is to be Knighted in New Years Honours List!

The usual shambles of the honours system. Ive is successful and contemporary so we honour him and by association identify with him. What nonsense.

Tenex said:
The usual shambles of the honours system. Ive is successful and contemporary so we honour him and by association identify with him. What nonsense.

So your suggesting he doesn't deserve it then?

Tenex said:

What's wrong with him getting a Knight Commander? He already had a CBE from '06, so it's not like they decided to throw a knighthood at him as the first honour for him to get.

Good for him. Now, looking forward to a iMac-shaped (or similar, you get the idea) CAT scan machine being donated to GOSH and other deserving establishments.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get yours next year :)

A very valid post,,well done

applebwl said:

A very valid post,,well done

Every post is valid, as we're all equal, but an explanation of why he is not eligible or who would be better to receive it would be a better post?

Don't see any problem with this at all, in fact I quite approve really.

I would rather an educated grafter who's had a positive influence on 21st century living receive a knighthood than some random TV personality.

Jules said:
Don't see any problem with this at all, in fact I quite approve really.

I would rather an educated grafter who's had a positive influence on 21st century living receive a knighthood than some random TV personality.

+1

At least there's something to show for his efforts! Something than has honestly changed most of our lives!

Not to mention the number of foreign fee paying students his success drives to Northumbria University's industrial design degrees...

gkpm said:
Not to mention the number of foreign fee paying students his success drives to Northumbria University's industrial design degrees...

And why does this make his Knighthood any less valid? ;-)

Fair play to a a guy who was born and grew up only a stones throw from where I did :clap:

I'd like to think the honours system is reflecting the rebalancing of the economy the politicians are trumpeting.

With Ives and John Armitt (who called me visionary when he awarded me a National award in 2003) being made KBE's, we have people who have given tangible benefit to society, not greed as reflected in previous honours for thieves and scallywags in the financial sector. :devil::devil:

Now we need Ives to bring Apple's manufacturing from China, here. Anyone who has read Steve Jobs (Isaacson) biography will recall the disparaging remarks to Obama about the time and cost in unnecessary red tape to do that.

Rant over :devil::devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom