BREAKING NEWS : 22 Dead in USA University Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems its over 30 dead now, and some speculating over 40. God help us.

As I posted on another forum however, how much do you want to bet someone will find a way to blame videogames for this shooting.

It seems its over 30 dead now, and some speculating over 40. God help us.

As I posted on another forum however, how much do you want to bet someone will find a way to blame videogames for this shooting.

Mod Comment:

Let's not go there, please keep this thread relevant to the dreadfully sad case in hand.

Mod Comment:

Let's not go there, please keep this thread relevant to the dreadfully sad case in hand.

ok fair enough.

From what I've read its chaos over there, no one knows whats going on.

How awful! Makes me sick someone can just go on a "Rampage"! I bet there were some relly succesful young people amongst the 30> Killed!

One gunmen and over 30 dead - when will the American government do something about gun control.

Why any 'normal' person would want an automatic weapon is beyond me. How many more people will have to die before some action is taken.

Awful tragedy, my heart goes out to all those involved :( I will never understand what drives someone to do something like this.

:( Not again.

This is like the 19th shooting in America (on college campuses) in 10 years (as said by CH4 News).

Never understood what causes them.

:( Not again.

This is like the 19th shooting in America (on college campuses) in 10 years (as said by CH4 News).

Never understood what causes them.

My original response to this was deleted - Not sure why, nothing controversal was said IMO.

However, The cause exists throughout the world, frustration, angst, anger. The problem, the way I see it, is the relative ease in which young people in some countries can lay their hands on automatic weapons, easily and legally.

Can we please keep the debate till later.

My condolences to the families of those involved in this tragic event.

One gunmen and over 30 dead - when will the American government do something about gun control.

Why any 'normal' person would want an automatic weapon is beyond me. How many more people will have to die before some action is taken.

Gun control is not really the issue other countries like Canada have more gun ownership per capita then the US. Full automatic rifles are illegal in the US.

Just dropped my eldest off at Uni at the weekend. I can't imagine what the families of those poor kids are going through right now.

My original response to this was deleted - Not sure why, nothing controversal was said IMO.

However, The cause exists throughout the world, frustration, angst, anger. The problem, the way I see it, is the relative ease in which young people in some countries can lay their hands on automatic weapons, easily and legally.

As was mine - bizarre. It's frustrating to hear how guns are so readily available. Sad to hear of any young deaths.

I read gun ownership is "easier" to obtain in Virginia than in some other states - such as New York were a police interview and membership of a club is mandatory

Very distressing news and my thoughts are with the families involved

Feel terrible for the people involved but feel no sorrow for USA in general, not really a bright idea selling guns legally is it! Ok maybe some countries (Canada) are the exception to the rule, but can you imagine if tomorrow you could buy a gun in the UK how much choas there would be in the street, id be afraid to go outside, which would then make me buy a gun to protect my family and property, and before you know it we all think we are Rambo!

Gun control is not really the issue other countries like Canada have more gun ownership per capita then the US.
I don't think that is true. Canada does have stricter firearms regulations and much less of a problem with gun related crime though.

I don't think that is true. Canada does have stricter firearms regulations and much less of a problem with gun related crime though.

i think it has more to do with the fact canadians are not paranoid cowards. they even leave their doors unlocked at night!

why americans feel the need to defend their home with a gun in this day and age is beyond me, they really should scrap that amendment... i know its one of their basic rights, but it doesnt mean its a good thing!

feel sorry for the kids who lost their lives, lets just hope it sends a message to the politicians that this has to be stopped! banning guns full stop would be a great start.... if it wasnt for the fact its a big industry over there that makes politicians money!

I know it’s very sad news but can’t help thinking where the other threads are regarding the killing of innocent people elsewhere in the world. . . .

Don’t want to open a can of worms here OR sound cold but is it because it’s in the western world that the sad act affect us, anywhere else it seems we are too far away to notice.

Eg.

BREAKING NEWS :
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSPAR34073020070414

BREAKING NEWS :
http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSCOL251394

What’s the difference???? There isn’t any. . . . . .

Innocent people die because of some crazed individual/s
Just seems a little unfair its not reported on this and other forums.

Then again it means forums will be clogged up with ‘BREAKING NEWS’ news

You are opening a can of worms so this thread has to close, sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom