Breakfast Room - Which LCD for occasional viewing

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by DJM, Sep 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    OK, so I am embarrased to ask this on these forums, but if you don't want to slum it, then ignore the thread.

We are updating the kitchen and the through breakfast room. At the same time I thought we may as well get a new panel for the breakfast room, but don't really want to spend lots as it is an occasional view TV (though when cooking the viewing is extened).

We currently have an old 24" (IIRC) Philips CRT 4:3 attached to my old Nokia 221t freeview box in the breakfast room, and my thoughts were something like a 32" widescreen would be a suitable replacement.

So the question is what relatively cheap LCD (or Plasma) can you recommend? Would prefer built in Freeview tuner, but not essential, as I may get a new PVR and move my Humax 9200 into the breakfast room anyway.

2. QED

QED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's your budget ceiling?

3. jtotheb

jtotheb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I bought a 32" LG 32LC2D for our kitchen / breakfast room. It's got a built in Freeview tuner and I think it cost me about £350ish. For the occassional viewing it gets, it really fits the bill.

4. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well the £350 sounds good for occasional viewing. I was hoping not to go above £500, but just feel the Panny is a contender but too expensive.

Maybe the £350 LG 32LC2D may be the intial way to go though. Does it handle sport well? Just occasionally I may get banished to the kitchen whilst SWMBO has her girly friends around so may have to watch it for the odd evening.

Edit : jtotheb where did you find it for £350? I can't see it less than £475 on the web

5. jtotheb

jtotheb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Erm yes, I think I'm suffering from the same disease my wife has - ie. underestimating the price that things have cost!

On checking the receipt, I actually paid closer to £500 for it so any price less than that is pretty good.

I don't watch a lot of sport on it so couldn't comment on that. Sorry I can't be of more help.

6. Pontiac

Pontiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Take a look at the Toshiba 32C3030 or the Panasonic TX32LMD70. Both bargain sets, consistent performers great value both under £500.