Brazilian artist query! Help please!

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by PoochJD, May 17, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

I watched a documentary the other night, and I also have a short animated film which both used a song by Brazilian artist Jorge Ben (also known as Jorge Ben Jor).

The song, I think, is called "Ponta de Lanca Africano" and/or "Umbabarauma". However, I have no idea of any recent albums that it is on, or on what Jorge Ben albums that can still be bought, the song appears.

Can anyone help me please? :confused: I really, really want this song!

Name of album(s) that the song appears on would be helpful.

Thanking you all, in advance. :)

Pooch

2. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Pooch - check out www.allmusic.com and search for Jorge Ben. Top of the search list is the guy you are looking for, and if you scroll down to near the page under 'Song Highlights' is the song you are looking for, which is said to appear on a Various album called 'Luaka Bop 10th Anniversary: Zero Accidents on the Job'. Not sure if it appears on a studio album of his. I'll let you continue the research... :smashin: