Bravo team - March 2018

Wow, how have they messed this up so bad!

The scale is totally off, how has that got past testing!

VR is all about immersion, and the sense of being a giant totally blows it.
Take away the VR aspect of this game and it would compare to a ios freemuim game.

No quality to it at all, looks like it could have been chucked together in a weekend.

The reviews are true guys unfortunately, avoid. :thumbsdow

I’ll be taking mine back today then. Hopefully when patched it will be fixed but I can’t justify £25 on a very poor game

I'm sending my copy back too. I'd rather spend the money on some of the lovely Switch games that have just been announced.

And refunded. Sales guys at Smyths said he had 10+ refunds since launch day

I honestly believe in these days of so many games being released unfinished, that refunds regardless of being opened or not should be standard. Might make games creators think twice before releasing tripe.

This particular title appears to have so much wrong with it that surely no one would be happy paying full price for it.

I’d be gutted if I’d bought the digital version

I honestly believe in these days of so many games being released unfinished, that refunds regardless of being opened or not should be standard. Might make games creators think twice before releasing tripe.

This particular title appears to have so much wrong with it that surely no one would be happy paying full price for it.

I’d be gutted if I’d bought the digital version

Just don't pre order. Will save you having to send/take something back if you're not going to look at it anyway when it's in your hand because it's reviewed terribly.

Just don't pre order. Will save you having to send/take something back if you're not going to look at it anyway when it's in your hand because it's reviewed terribly.

I don’t just mean on preorders, I mean on all purchases. Quite a few games come out nowadays and turn out to be total garbage.

I don’t mean people can just get a refund because hey don’t like a game, but when every review agrees that it’s terrible, then it should be allowed to at least exchange it and let the developers wear the damage till they sort things.

I don’t just mean on preorders, I mean on all purchases. Quite a few games come out nowadays and turn out to be total garbage.

I don’t mean people can just get a refund because hey don’t like a game, but when every review agrees that it’s terrible, then it should be allowed to at least exchange it and let the developers wear the damage till they sort things.
Yeah but if people held back then they wouldn't have the hassle of having to think about taking a stinker back. Just hold back and wait for reports if they sway your own decision.

Did you fire it up as you were obviously interested in it? Make your own mind up if its in your hand.. I''m sure you can still take it back if you open it (I'd like to think you could anyway).

But overall I'd just hold back if it's not something I need to be playing day one. It will be cheaper and also he fixed by the time you jump in :)

To add though. If I liked the look of a game I'd buy it and couldn't care less about reviews. If it's a stinker so be it. I'd rather make my own mind up.

Yeah but if people held back then they wouldn't have the hassle of having to think about taking a stinker back. Just hold back and wait for reports if they sway your own decision.

Did you fire it up as you were obviously interested in it? Make your own mind up if its in your hand.. I''m sure you can still take it back if you open it (I'd like to think you could anyway).

But overall I'd just hold back if it's not something I need to be playing day one. It will be cheaper and also he fixed by the time you jump in :)

To add though. If I liked the look of a game I'd buy it and couldn't care less about reviews. If it's a stinker so be it. I'd rather make my own mind up.

No this is my point. Once you’ve opened a game no game retailers will allow a refund or even an exchange unless the game is faulty (ie unable to load).

Same goes for digital purchases. Once you’ve started to download it there is no possibility of a refund.

I agree that a review needs to be taken with a pinch of salt but EVERY one seems to be bad. Be them form big review houses or individual reviews on gaming sites or outlets like Amazon.

I did buy it on day one as I thought it would be a great game but it seems as of right now pretty much everyone agrees that it’s not worth the money.

Unfortunately fixes don’t come as quickly as you’d like to think and bad games often stay as just that.

Hopefully this one will get fixed as the game itself showed great promise during previews.

No this is my point. Once you’ve opened a game no game retailers will allow a refund or even an exchange unless the game is faulty (ie unable to load).

Same goes for digital purchases. Once you’ve started to download it there is no possibility of a refund.

I agree that a review needs to be taken with a pinch of salt but EVERY one seems to be bad. Be them form big review houses or individual reviews on gaming sites or outlets like Amazon.

I did buy it on day one as I thought it would be a great game but it seems as of right now pretty much everyone agrees that it’s not worth the money.

Unfortunately fixes don’t come as quickly as you’d like to think and bad games often stay as just that.

Hopefully this one will get fixed as the game itself showed great promise during previews.
But it's there in your hand. Why not just fire it up and judge for yourself? Unless financially you'd prefer to not bother and get all your money back and just go on everyone else's opinion.
That's poor you can't get a refund though. I'm all digital apart from the free games I get through work. I always just wait unless it's a major game (which always seem to be the ones that are broke the most funnily enough!) which I HAVE to be playing on day one.

But it's there in your hand. Why not just fire it up and judge for yourself? Unless financially you'd prefer to not bother and get all your money back and just go on everyone else's opinion.
That's poor you can't get a refund though. I'm all digital apart from the free games I get through work. I always just wait unless it's a major game (which always seem to be the ones that are broke the most funnily enough!) which I HAVE to be playing on day one.

For me it’s a value for money thing and I do take reviews with a pinch of salt but when every early review says the same thing it sets alarm bells ringing.

It’s like when people read reviews on Trip Advisor about resorts and only read the last few bad reviews and make their whole decision on those reviews, that’s ridiculous as people tend to only write reviews when they’ve been badly treated.

But this isn’t the case here. Not one pre sale review was favourable to the game and yes I’m not willing to spend full price on a game that everyone is saying is rubbish. One or two people could be wrong or biased, but not everyone.

When I bought my first PS4 Pro it came with a heavily discounted copy of Dishonoured 2 which had a huge following becuase of the first game. So I gave it a try but I hated it and cashed it in next day at CEX for good money.

I would happily have given it a fair crack of the whip if the review base had been mixed but unfortunately that just wasn’t the case.

That was kind of my point though. If you COULD get. Full refund on a game that everyone said was just terrible I’d be happy to give everything a try. I guess that is why so many people use things like Boomerang games to get a taste of what a game is like before laying out money for the full game

That was kind of my point though. If you COULD get. Full refund on a game that everyone said was just terrible I’d be happy to give everything a try. I guess that is why so many people use things like Boomerang games to get a taste of what a game is like before laying out money for the full game
I wouldn't have bought it in the first place though. If I've bought it then I've obviously intended to play it and I will regardless of how bad it's reviewed. If it's a stinker I'll cut my losses and get rid and at a loss if needs be, I'm mainly digital so don't get anything back for any purchases. I'm fine with that though.

Maybe it's time that Sony offered the same refund policy for digital sales that Steam does, ie you can play a game up to 2 hrs and if it's not to your liking or what ever the issue maybe you can get a full refund if you have played more than 2hrs your stuck with it.

I think that would be a fair system to have, It would give the user time enough to know if it's worth keeping or not and maybe then devs / publishers would be less inclined to release poor / unfinished products knowing that refunds could be had.

That sounds like a good idea. It would give you time to try things out and see if they’re worth keeping.

I think they need to rethink their digital pricing slightly

The price of a digital game SHOULD e cheaper than a physical game at launch just for the costs of production and getting the game to a store. I appreciate that server space and builds cost money to use and maintain but it’s crazy how much they charge for a digital version of the same game that I can never sell on

So if a new game at RRP costs £49.99. Make the digital game £39.99.

They’d sell a load more in sure and with the 2 hour trial thing in place many people would try them and probably keep them

Either that or have a dedicated 1 hour play demo at launch and again if the game is that great have it discounted as a digital game.

That sounds like a good idea. It would give you time to try things out and see if they’re worth keeping.

I think they need to rethink their digital pricing slightly

The price of a digital game SHOULD e cheaper than a physical game at launch just for the costs of production and getting the game to a store. I appreciate that server space and builds cost money to use and maintain but it’s crazy how much they charge for a digital version of the same game that I can never sell on

So if a new game at RRP costs £49.99. Make the digital game £39.99.

They’d sell a load more in sure and with the 2 hour trial thing in place many people would try them and probably keep them

Either that or have a dedicated 1 hour play demo at launch and again if the game is that great have it discounted as a digital game.
The thing is it would mean the downfall of physical as people will just go digital and gameshare to half it again. They need these stores to sell the hardware so will need to keep them onside .

Personally I'd love to see physical ditched anyway. Obviously with a bit of a shake up of the digital market.

Isn’t that where it’s heading anyway?

Hopefully.

Why because it suits you? What about people like myself that buy a game and sell it on to help fund the next purchase? Completely agree that digital should be cheaper though.

Why because it suits you? What about people like myself that buy a game and sell it on to help fund the next purchase? Completely agree that digital should be cheaper though.
Yes because it suits me. I won't make a decision that suits someone else will I? That would be a bit silly now wouldn't it.

Couldn't care less about the physical market. With changes to the digital market it can and should he a lot better. Game sharing can half the cost of digital. Plus the developer doesn't get shafted with the second hand market either.

I think the market in general would benefit if digital games were significantly cheaper.

Regardless of the extra sales I think there would be, it could mean a game is released pre patched on the initial download rather than installing the game and having to download a huge patch as well. It would also mean more people can pre download the game.

Of course this requires a great internet speed too and just a few years ago this wouldn’t have worked for me but now with 300mb speed it’s a no brainier for me.

Like you I personally sell games on but because they cost so much in the first place.

Of course the ability to sell on games when you’ve finished is great and I’ve done so very often but I’ve also got plenty of games just sitting in a drawer that are worth just a few quid now so I’d be better off just keeping them

I think there will always be a physical market of some sort at least until Broadband speeds don’t have such a disparity. In my opinion the biggest loser would be places like CEX but that wouldn’t be a bad thing

Last edited:
I finally got round to playing it last night, after all the reviews I expected a disaster so was pleasantly surprised.

To put it in a bit of context, who remembers how bad Arizona Sunshine was at launch? I would say Bravo Team is far better than that was.

I think I played about 6 or 7 levels/missions, on easy and with all comfort settings off. Overall I quite enjoyed it, plenty to gripe about but nothing to stop me looking forward to playing again. I havent tried the online play yet, I would prefer to try and get to grips wit single player a bit more first.

A major annoyance for me was when it "moves" the character, not just the immersion breaking but I could never be sure exactly which way I would be facing once the cut scene ended. Sometimes could see the enemy looking at me during the cutscene, then once I took control I would be facing the wrong way.

I felt it was getting quite repetitive after an hour or so. Of course opinions are entirely subjective, I totally get that. In my opinion, anyone saying its the worst game ever, completely broken etc is either a big drama queen or hasnt played much else to compare it to.

Im probably glad I bought it physical rather than digital, but I wont be selling it anytime soon. £25 seems reasonable enough, I think VR games hold value better than non VR so cant see it being a waste.

I may well dip in again after the oblivious needed patches are released....and it hitting the bargain bucket at some point won’t hurt.

For me, games of this ilk have had a benchmark set by Farpoint. Whilst some may feel the game lacked substance (personally I loved it). But the game engine itself was great and had Bravo Team worked in a similar way I’m sure the reviews would have been very different.

I should point out that I have now pleated the game and am very glad that I returned it. For me personally I wouldn’t play it at all until patched and even then there’s no guarantee it’s sorted.

I look forward to seeing what people think after the patches surface.

What patches are coming?

I just completed it on rookie with an ai last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Only patch I'd want really is to fix the sense of scale. I feel like I'm a giant in this game. Other than that it played perfectly. It's not far point, but it's not trying to be. The time crisis style gameplay works really well. The gun tracking isn't 1:1 perfect all the time, especially when you're leaning out from behind cover... But it works well enough, and I don't see how they can improve upon it without radically altering the game (i.e. either make it full locomotion, which I don't think it's needed, it'd make it a totally different game.... Or only render the hands, not the whole body, which would be a total rework of how the game has been made).

Fix the giant scale thing and it's good to go I'd say. Going to have to try the harder levels and maybe online co op at some point, if I'm brave enough.

I played this with a friend, score attack, and we completed in in less than 3 hours, but you can't die in score attack so maybe the campaign would take longer.

I think it's been harshly reviewed possibly because of what it's not; it's not Battlefield VR. It's Time Crisis VR. Controls could be better, though I didn't mind the way the characters moved (I felt no motion sickness in the game at all), I agree you don't always point the way you expect to when it returns to POV.

It's not worth the price it's being sold at, but I got mine with the Aim, so I'm happy to have that with a fun arcade game chucked in. I hope the devs do offer a patch or two as it's not a terrible game, but it could also be much better. Environment destruction is almost non existent and it's all too easy to pick a place to move to, but accidentally select the next one along putting you right in the middle of the bad guys!

I've since bought Farpoint and that's much better as you have full control over movement, though I don't much like the creatures that leap at you!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom