Bravia TV not finding freeview channels after retune?

AndyCob

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, though I would post and see if anyone else is having the same issue as me today with the freeview retune on their Bravia TV, KDL-55X4500 in my case.

Run the digital auto-tune repeatedly, claims to have found 88 services but no ITV1, Channel 4, Channel 5 and a bunch of others are missing. My PC freeview tuner card has succesfully found ITV1,4,5 etc but not the TV.

Anyone else having issues? is this a general problem, a Sony problem or just a my TV problem?

I did three Sony LCD TV's at about 3pm without any probs.

They all said they had found 101 channels & your missing ones are there.

Might be worth looking in the Freeview part of the Forum.

Cheers, had a further play and it's obviously just a reception issue at my end, little tv in the bedroom retuned fine, seems the aerial connection in the living room just isn't good enough after the changes, got most everything in the end with an indoor aerial.

Mods feel free to close and/or delete thread.

I've got a similar problem.

Everything worked fine until recently Bear in mind my reception area is poor, I've just moved into a renovation project with the crappest of aerials and my region isn't due officially to get digital TV until 2010, I regularly get between 50 and 90 channels, by separate tuning, on both my Sony kdl-40v4000 TV and my Sony rdr-hxd890 PVR. Admittedly, sometimes I have to retune each unit, seemingly dependant on atmospheric conditions.

The retune on the 30th September itself seemed to work fine and the TV tunes fine every time, unless the PVR is on. If the PVR is on, the tuned channels on the TV (other than the 6 main BBC channels) will return a "This channel is not tuned" message with a black screen. Turn the PVR off and the channel on the TV returns perfectly. Turn the PVR back on and the channel on the TV disappears again. I have attempted to retune the PVR and on most occasions it will only find the 6 major BBC channels. Having left the PVR off for 24hrs, it's automatic digital EPG can now recognise those 6 as well as a lot more non-BBC channels but still it won't play them and still it interrupts the TV.

I'll check the Freeview forums but would be interested to know if anyone has experienced/ resolved similar.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom