• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bravia Sync (Sony) drives me crazy, help !!!

GertJan

Standard Member
Hi all,

I'm a newbe here but hope someone can help me because i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong and/or where is the real problem.

My setup:

My Sony BDP-S350 is connected by HDMI to BD-port of my STR-KS2300 receiver (part of the Sony HT-SS2300 home theatre set).

On the same receiver is connected a Sony KDL-37S5500 LCD TV, it's connected also by HDMI from HDMI-out on the receiver to HDMI-1 of the TV.

Also for future use is planned to connect a Philips DSR-7141 to my equipment but for now i leave it disconnected because this setup already drives me crazy.

Control for HDMI is enabled on the receiver, on the BD-player and also on the TV. My TV listed 2 devices wish is correct, the BD player and the AV Amplifier (receiver).

So far so good ...

But the following problem is happening:

- When i switch on the TV, the receiver is not switching on.
-When i switch on the BD, the TV is switching on but the receiver does not go on automaticly.
- When i turn on BD while TV & receiver are on, the receiver switch to BD, sound & movie are OK.
- When i turn of TV by remote, also receiver & BD switch of (like the shoud do), but if i after shut down start up again TV or BD again the receiver don't power up and switch to the correct preset.

Hopefully somebody can help me to solve this problem, :lease:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for but I would scrap HDMI CEC (Bravia Sync) and buy a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony range. They will simplify your setup no end and turn on/off the relevant equipment for each 'activity' and select the correct inputs on both receiver and TV. HDMI CEC just seems to introduce more problems than it solves and I have read numerous posts such as yours, which leads me to believe it's fundamentally flawed. I have always used universal remotes and find they do the job and do it well and get rid of all your remotes to boot.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom