Bravia Store buffering

Ted2

Novice Member
I have a XR65A80J when streaming 4K HDR on Bravia Core I get some buffering issues although the TV internet speed is +- 300mbps. using an ethernet to usb3 adapter.
I use the usb port because the 100mbps ethernet port only downloads at 26-30 mbps.

So two problems has anyone had the same issues or any suggestions?
The TV is new, at the moment I cannot get any sense out of Sony support. the guy cannot understand my emails.

Thanks
Ted2

Last edited:

Aaron187

I also did have a similar issue with the Bravia Core app on my 65A80J, it would take forever even to do simple things like loading up the menu items.

I then stumbled on a post somewhere about turning IPV6 off and after doing that mine has been flawless and the core app now loads up and has no issues loading up the store or with video playback now… maybe worth giving that a shot!

Ted2

Novice Member
Thanks for your reply,
I haven't come across the IPV6 setting, could you explain where to find it.
Thanks

Ted2

Novice Member
I don't think that my router supports IPV6 which is probably why I cannot find the setting, trying core support, and another router, fingers crossed.

Aaron187

Hey sorry for the late reply, I disabled it via my router and seemed to have fixed it for me.. drastic measure! What model is your router that you have?

Ted2

Novice Member
My router, I have found out doesn't support IPV6 surprisingly, it's a Tilgin AB model HG 2382 supplied by the broadband supplier probably a cheapy.
The problem I have is simply buffering even though the lan speed through a usb3 adapter is +_300mbps, the tv itself wasn'tslow, I have tried emailing Bravia Core support but the emails aren't being delivered.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Try this...Sony were a bit short sighted in this day and age capping the port.

Last edited:

Ted2

Novice Member
Seen that thanks , that's how I manage to have 300mbps via the usb3. Using the tv lan connection I get only 27-30mbps so another problem there, which sony support is very slowly helping me with.
In my region I have not received the 6.4304 update, I tried downloading it on a flashdrive, but the tv didn't recognise it. Sony support are sending me a preloaded flashdrive by post although not confident that will help other than allow me to watch catch up tv.
Short sighted for sure especially as Sony themselves say you need a 115mbps speed to show their highest bitrate films on core.
Wifi gives me +- 200mbps yet I get only 25-30 using the ethernet connection crazy.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Seen that thanks , that's how I manage to have 300mbps via the usb3. Using the tv lan connection I get only 27-30mbps so another problem there, which sony support is very slowly helping me with.
In my region I have not received the 6.4304 update, I tried downloading it on a flashdrive, but the tv didn't recognise it. Sony support are sending me a preloaded flashdrive by post although not confident that will help other than allow me to watch catch up tv.
Short sighted for sure especially as Sony themselves say you need a 115mbps speed to show their highest bitrate films on core.
Wifi gives me +- 200mbps yet I get only 25-30 using the ethernet connection crazy.
Couldn't sleep woke up in the night. Reread your posts and see you tried the USB adapter. I used to have issues with bravia core. But it's been fine the last 6 months. After a few updates.

Morden

Distinguished Member
How is your wired connection made, is it a cable directly to the router or does it go via a switch?
What model is the router?
Have you tried a new cat5 cable to rule out cable issue?
Have you tried a router restart and tv restart?

Ted2

Novice Member
Ethernet cable is a new cat 6A cable wired directly to router no switch.
Tilgin AB model HG 2382 .
Tried router and TV restart.
gp, Hopefully the update will help if the tv recognises the flashdrive that is.

Ted2

Novice Member
Ok, found a workaround, If I run a 4k HDR or Imax enhanced film on Bravia core it buffers for approx. 3-5 seconds every 15-20 seconds, If I pause the film for even 30 seconds it will play without buffering to the end, not perfect but will do for now,
I would have expected it to run for several minutes after pausing but not to the end. (Black Magic perhaps?)

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom