Bravia S-video problem?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by tall.small, Aug 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. tall.small

tall.small
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just got a Bravia KDL40V2000 and I am having problems connecting my Panasonic SCDT100 home cinema DVD player to it. The DVD connects through S-video only and on my previous TV, a Panasonic TX28PL1, I connected it through AV2 but the TV had an option for AV2/S which would change the picture from B&W to colour. I used a good quality S-Video to Scart cable.

However when I connect the same DVD and cable to the Bravia through AV2 the picture is black and white and I cannot find anyway to change it to S-Video.

The Bravia's S-Video socket is AV5 but I do not have the S-video to S-video cable required.

Is there anyway I can use the AV2 on the Bravia and change it to AV2/S?

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    SCART sockets can only be wired up as either S-Video or RGB - both on the BRAVIA are RGB. (so they have double the colour resolution) The AV2/S thing is toggling between composite and s-video.

You'll either need an S-Video lead, or you might be surprised with the quality from Composite, I hear the BRAVIA has a great comb filter.

You should really be connecting up your DVD player via RGB at the very least though.

3. tall.small

tall.small
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated :)

I've just bought a decent S-Video to S-Video cable from a fellow AVforums member to do the job.

Really quite surprised there is no way I can get a colour picture with my existing setup though. Didn't realise the Bravia wouldn't be able to do it. No problem though.

:)