• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bravia KDL40W2000 Service Menu Options

G

georgedingwall

Hi all,

I found the service menu on my KDL40W2000 last night, and was wondering if anyone had any links to material which will explain the various adjustments that can be made in this menu.

I realise that this is, potentially, a very dangerous area to blunder around in, so I hope there may be some sites out there that can explain what the settings do.

Thanks for any help.

Bye for now.

Medusa

Banned
Hi all,

I found the service menu on my KDL40W2000 last night, and was wondering if anyone had any links to material which will explain the various adjustments that can be made in this menu.

I realise that this is, potentially, a very dangerous area to blunder around in, so I hope there may be some sites out there that can explain what the settings do.

Thanks for any help.

Bye for now.

Sorry! But am I the only one that has difficulty understanding this? :devil:

"potentially, a very dangerous area to blunder around in" :D

"I hope there may be some sites out there that can explain what the settings do." :nono:

G

georgedingwall

Hi there,

Sorry! But am I the only one that has difficulty understanding this? :devil:

"potentially, a very dangerous area to blunder around in" :D

"I hope there may be some sites out there that can explain what the settings do." :nono:

What's your point?

The service menu is a dangerous place to mess around in, if you don't know what you're doing. I don't know what I'm doing, but I read in many threads where people have adjusted the service menu settings to optimise the picture. Sometimes this has gone wrong and has cost a lot of money to put right.

As there doesn't seem to be a "Reset to factory defaults" as an option, I was asking if anyone had any links thaat might explain what the different options do.

So, what's the point of your reply? Are you saying I shoudn't go there at all, or are you just having a go at me because I don't know enough and have asked for help?

Bye for now.

harshw

Established Member
Hi there,

What's your point?

The service menu is a dangerous place to mess around in, if you don't know what you're doing. I don't know what I'm doing, but I read in many threads where people have adjusted the service menu settings to optimise the picture. Sometimes this has gone wrong and has cost a lot of money to put right.

As there doesn't seem to be a "Reset to factory defaults" as an option, I was asking if anyone had any links thaat might explain what the different options do.

So, what's the point of your reply? Are you saying I shoudn't go there at all, or are you just having a go at me because I don't know enough and have asked for help?

Bye for now.

chill man, he was just pointing out that it is a dangerous area. a lot of people want to know of such things and change settings just for a laugh - with predictable results, as you yourself pointed out :)

Anyways, check the main Sony W2000 thread and Lyris's site - for example he has a useful guide at http://lyris-lite.net/bravia_tips_wb.html. In any case, you really do need a hardware calibration device if you want to do something useful with those values.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom