• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Bravia KDL40VL160 photo displays too narrow. Can I make them wider?

ronk121

Standard Member
I have a Sony 16Gb USB flash I use to display photographs on my new BRAVIA KDL40VL160. The B has a display resolution of 1920 X 1080 pixels (16/9 or 1.78 aspect). My Nikon D70 captures hi res pictures at 3008 X 2000 (1.5 ). The B display of my photos looked narrower than they should so I measured the image on the screen with a tape measure & discovered that the aspect was 1.33 compared to the 1.5 the photo should be, confirming my hunch. Ironically, my HP 2207 pc monitor also has a 1.78 native aspect but displays the photos at an aspect of 1.6 (by measurement), wider than the 1.5 native res of the photo.
I find the wider aspect more pleasing than the 1.33 & would prefer that on my B. Using the B hand control I went to "Photo Settings"---"Display Size" & tried to select "Expanded size" but a message came up saying "Feature not Available."
My questions are:
1. Why does the bravia display the image in a 1.33 aspect?
2. Why is the choice not available?
3. What exactely does "Expanded Image" mean anyway. I assume that it means that the image will be made wider but I couldn't find any info about it. Since I must have a photo selected in order to get into this menu does that mean I can't make it a default settng?
All help appreciated.
Ron

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom