• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bravia KDL40HX703 + BDV-E370: Odd sound issues?

BlueChippy

Standard Member
Setup:
Sony Bravia KDL40HX703
Sony BDV-E370
Sky+HD

Digital Co-ax: Sky-> BDV
Optical: TV -> BDV

Problem:
Getting VERY quiet sound when BDV set to "Sat/Cable".

Does anyone know if there has been a firmware update to either of these?

I had the sound so that if I changed TV volume it actually changed BDV volume. This seems to have stopped working correctly.

Now when I switch BDV to "TV" I get no sound, and to Sat/Cable" its very very quiet.

I have checked Bravia and if it's set to TV Speakers then the sound is fine from the TV. Set to "Audio System" and it's gone?

It WAS working so well...just hit "Theatre" button and everything turned on and "worked" as expected...no idea what happend or how to re-set it all?

Any help/advice very gratefully accepted as my Wife is going to kill me soon! I promised her "a single remote" and "you'll be able to hear dialogue in movies". This WAS correct (centre turned up and set to "news") but now its back to plain stereo and hard to hear dialogue and messing about with remotes...I'm a dead man walking! lool

Finally!
What does the "HDMI Audio" setting on the TV do? Does it mean I don't need optical from tv to bdv?

codmancodeye

Standard Member
Hi. I'm experiencing Lip Sync problems on various Blue Ray movies using a BDV-E370 via my BRAVIA KDL-40EX503U television. I have linked them up via an HDMI cable and an optical cable, for example I played L4YER CAKE last night and mid way through the movie, the sound goes out of sync with the actor's lips. It's OK if I play through the TV speakers alone. How's yours been doing?

I have a button on my TV remote called SYNC Menu. I'm given the option to sync the controls which enables me to use the TV remove for pretty much everything.

As far as I'm aware, optical isn't needed unless you play equipment through the TV such as a game console. I have found that the HDMI + speaker setting works well. In What-HIFi they suggested that the scene / sound menu's are not too hot, leave in default.

Have you tried setting the sound levels yourself rather than the calibration tool. I found my subwoofer was very loud; whilst very good, it was a little too loud for the kids (when in bed).

You could try a full system reset to take you back to factory conditions.

Good luck...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom