bravia goes darker in dark scenes an goes brighter in light scenes

mi6-bond

Standard Member
Reaction score
the tv is a kdl 40v 4000. i hope you guys understand what i mean lol.its mainly when i watch movies off my hardrive(ps3).in darker scenes the tv kinda dimms a little then it goes back to normal brightness when it recognises a lighter scene.im allmost certain its the tv an not the ps3 cos ive noticed it while watching end credits of a ps3 game[when white credits popped up its fine,when they scroll off it dimms]. is it some kind of energy saving feature i can turn off(ive looked everywhere). as i say, i hope you see what i mean. thanks guys:)

Could be some of the advanced menu settings - such as dynamic contrast. This continually adjusts the contrast levels based on the image shown on screen, so may explain why it changes between dark/light scenes.

You must have you picture setting on dynamic. To stop this, change to Normal and go into advanced picture settings. Choose Adv Contrast Enhancer to off.

thanks alot guys.i found the advanced contrast enhancer an turned it off. all fine now,thanks again for your help,this was bugging me:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom