Bravia flickering problem

samsamurai84

Standard Member
hello,

question, i have a PS3 pal 50Hz, and a sony HDTV that is set on 60Hz, how can i change may tv to 50Hz.....

and i also have a flickering problem on may TV when im using PS3 HDMI, suddenly flicker aper on the TV fo 2 seconds then disappears....

can somebody tell me whats the problem???

PLS!!!!

Nielo TM

Novice Member
Doesn't the PS3 has 50/60Hz option like the X360?

Before you change the cable, what resolution do you have the PS3 set-to (720p or 1080i)?

samperry209

Standard Member
its to do with hdmi signal

in other words when you play a game it goes from menu when in your case will be 1080i to the maxium capabilty of hdmi output in the game

most ps3 games are 720p however gt5 prologue and call of duty 4 are examples of 1080i games

i dont think their is a solution other than try another hdmi lead

ive heard a few rumours that sony are looking into this problem to see if its anything to do with ps3's

i however think its the telly

its very annoying as i have the KDL-26U3000 AS well
and its a wicked telly and wicked picture

but yer ive got used to it now lols

ive had the telly 5 months so really its been 5 months of switching lols!

good luck in finding a solution and if you do pm me lols

ps: samsamurai84 ive replyed to your pm!

Nielo TM

Novice Member
its to do with hdmi signal

in other words when you play a game it goes from menu when in your case will be 1080i to the maxium capabilty of hdmi output in the game

most ps3 games are 720p however gt5 prologue and call of duty 4 are examples of 1080i games

i dont think their is a solution other than try another hdmi lead

ive heard a few rumours that sony are looking into this problem to see if its anything to do with ps3's

i however think its the telly

its very annoying as i have the KDL-26U3000 AS well
and its a wicked telly and wicked picture

but yer ive got used to it now lols

ive had the telly 5 months so really its been 5 months of switching lols!

good luck in finding a solution and if you do pm me lols

ps: samsamurai84 ive replyed to your pm!
COD4 is below 720p. and GT5Prog is 1080p60.

However, the PS3 will output via the chosen resolution. At least I think it will.

On the X360, it will output a fixed resolution regardless of the game. But since the PS3 doesn’t have a scaler, I don’t know how it’s accomplished.

PS: The last console to render games in true interlaced format was the PS2. All other consoles render in progressive,

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom