Bravia angle issues

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Domformula1, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Domformula1

Domformula1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I'm new here and just seeking a bit of advice. We (my wife and I) picked up a sony kdl50w685abu 50" led 3d smart tv last week. I don't know how familiar you are with these, but they come with a bespoke stand, which also doubles as the wall mount as the unit is incompatible with the universal type of wall brackets (had to remove the old one and re-mount using the sony kit).

All is working fine save for one thing, there is no angling on the bespoke stand. It has buffers on the bottom / rear and is designed to sit flush to the wall. This is fine for regular use but when using 3d, if the viewer is sat down the angle is too sharp and the 3d image is slightly distorted, stand up and it's great, but who watches movies stood up!

The inclusion of a wall mount kit, together with the fact that most wall mounts are not done at eye-height-while-sitting, would suggest that Sony knew the TV would be wall mounted when it was being designed, but this seems to me to be a bit of a glaring problem.

My question (if you've been kind enough to read through so far!) is really whether any of you know of any settings that can be tampered with to compensate for this? I'm by no means an expert and the options are somewhat bewildering, any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    There are no settings to compensate for this type of problem which is not uncommon. Basically wall mounted sets need to be at viewing height not high on the wall or over fireplaces.