Braveheart 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

3F2CC335-B75B-49C4-8DE5-EA154332482D.jpeg

Are you sure its the reprint thou ? as seems very quick for them to do that, might just be a replacement of the current print.
When I emailed a few weeks ago they were aware of the problem and said it would get fixed in a few weeks.
I have faith.

Just had an email from Fox confirming the despatch of the replacement disc.
Me too. Wonder if it'll be just the disc or the whole set?

Are you sure its the reprint thou ? as seems very quick for them to do that, might just be a replacement of the current print.
Their original reply did indicate a new disc: "We are aware that Braveheart 4K UHD has compatibility issues with some players, as such we would like to offer you a replacement disc that will be compatible on all players". Interesting to see what we get.

Any idea when these will filter through to the retailers / know how to spot the correct disk?

Or is it easier to buy another defunct disk and then ask for a replacement from Fox?

Received the replacement disc from Fox. Just the 4k UHD disc only. Plays OK in my Sony now.
Only difference I can see to differentiate the disc is the number at the bottom of the disc.
Old one is F1-8908-UHD-SE.1 new one ends SE.1R2

Also received a working replacement uhd disc for my sony x800 :smashin:

Attachments

• Braveheart4kReplacementDisc.JPG
    Braveheart4kReplacementDisc.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Are you just going to Fox themselves and asking for a disc? I too have a sony player and a 4k disc, not tested it yet though.

On my second copy of Braveheart 4K and this one supposedly from a new batch as promised by HMV is also non playable on my Oppo 203.
Very disappointing from Hmv. Another refund from them required.

On my second copy of Braveheart 4K and this one supposedly from a new batch as promised by HMV is also non playable on my Oppo 203.
Very disappointing from Hmv. Another refund from them required.
Is the number on the disc "F1-8908-UHD-SE.1R2" ? If it doesn't end with R2 it's still old batch.

It’s the old batch according to those numbers. HMV customer services haven’t got a clue. They promised me it’s the new batch.

Emailed Fox and got a replacement disc in two weeks. Definitely the easiest way to swap it out.

Currently £12.99 on Amazon. Bargain!

Does it matter? Can’t you just send it back to Fox and get a replacement anyway?

Agreed, if you want to save a few quid and aren’t in a rush though... or you have another player.

It is the same price at HMV, not sure what version they have.

HMV have a few at £12.99.

Independence Day, Deadpool, Prometheus and more

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom