1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand New Yamaha "YSP-1" Junior!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Aug 22, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,111
    Nice - one for the folks...

3. pbready

pbready

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And the YSP-1000 (from November?)which looks as if it merges the YSP-1 with the new facilities of the YSP-800, like YPAO I explicitly asked Yamaha about just before I bought a YSP-1.

One of the drawbacks I suppose from being at the bleeding edge and jumping in to buy new technology as soon as it comes out...well, I suppose that's what we're used to with hifi - stuff that's obsolete as soon as you've bought it.

Having said that, my Audiolab 8000 is still giving good service after God knows how many years...

4. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    I've actually bought one last weekend, and it is really good!

My reference was 7xMA R180's with an CHT-10 and a projector on a 8ft screen...Changed all that unplanned on Saturday for a Pioneer 435 plasma with YSP-800, ripped out 10 billion tonnes of cabling and wiring, installed the plasma, sky, dvd and YSP-800 and was very nervous to switch it on.....

And boy was I in for a good surprise, not just from the boss (my wife) who was really please with the visual appearance...But the sound is just amazing...I really couldn't believe how good it is...Much more than a gimmick...To be fair I did keep my CHT-10 to help it a little....

Yes true, a good quality and calibrated discrete 5.1 or 7.1 system will beat it...Fair enough....But don't knock it or be snobbish about it until you've heard it...A really good compromise between eastatics and sound quality...

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    thinking about one of these for the gf's parents who sit at righangles to each other and well off axis for a discrete 5.1 set up whats the performance like if you are sitting at an angle of 45 degrees to the centre line, i have heard the YSP-1 but only when i was dead centre on the speaker and it was very good but whats it like off axis?

6. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    As per you other question hornydragon ;-) No wonder you have 14,144 post...tsssh

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    spread your net wide Jean-Paul