Brand New Xbox Series X User, Questions??

Hi

I'd got my code from BT fro 12 Months of Game Pass for Free. In my excitement, I'd forgot the process to get two years on the cheap etc. I'd activated my code straight away lol. Such a rookie move lol.

Barry :)

Hi

I was having a look at this page, Xbox Updates. Does Microsoft typically update the Xbox every month?

Thanks in Advance

Hi

I was having a look at this page, Xbox Updates. Does Microsoft typically update the Xbox every month?

Thanks in Advance

I don't think they do every month, although not really noticed as it will generally do it when in standby

Would someone be able to help me with an issue please?

New XBOX Series X, I have Game Pass Ultimate for another 11 days (as when I loaded up Halo Infinite this morning I was reminded), I played a bit and have come back now a few hours later and in trying to play the game it's saying, "do you have the game disk" or when I click on campaign it sends me to a page telling me to "buy".

What the hell? I have 11 days left of game pass and now it's not letting me play one of it's games.

I've tried restarting the console, no improvement, any ideas, has this happened to you?

I don't think they do every month, although not really noticed as it will generally do it when in standby
Hi

I see there's an update been released today :)

New XBOX Series X, I have Game Pass Ultimate for another 11 days (as when I loaded up Halo Infinite this morning I was reminded), I played a bit and have come back now a few hours later and in trying to play the game it's saying, "do you have the game disk" or when I click on campaign it sends me to a page telling me to "buy".

What the hell? I have 11 days left of game pass and now it's not letting me play one of it's games.

I've tried restarting the console, no improvement, any ideas, has this happened to you?

I fixed it, if anyone else gets this issue, quit the game completely and then reload it, that worked.

However, it appears to have lost the last 15 minutes of game progress.

Hi

I'm just updating my Xbox Series X, I'll check Halo Infinite for you and report back :)

I think they are released the same time as Windows updates - second Tuesday of the month (or Wednesday in the UK).

Edit: except its the first Wednesday of the month today, so maybe not!
Hi

Thanks, I prefer when consoles get regular updates, as in a monthhly basis. Its a pity the PS 5 doesn't get updates every month lol.

I fixed it, if anyone else gets this issue, quit the game completely and then reload it, that worked.

I think there is an issue with Halo Inifinte not saving progress if its in quick resume. Might be worth looking into that.

Best thing to do is to save the game, and quit it entirely to make sure.

Hi

Glad that you fixed the issue. I didn't see the issue myself, then again I'd completely quit the game last night and haven't played it again until now.

I'm actually glad that I'd got an Xbox Series X. I'm really enjoying Halo: Infinite :) I might have to look into the previous Halo games. What's the order in which they were released, starting from the first launch of Halo?

Thanks in Advance

If you really like updates, take a look at the Xbox Insider Program.
Hi

Have you signed up to the Xbox Insider Program?

Thanks in Advance

Hi

Glad that you fixed the issue. I didn't see the issue myself, then again I'd completely quit the game last night and haven't played it again until now.

I'm actually glad that I'd got an Xbox Series X. I'm really enjoying Halo: Infinite :) I might have to look into the previous Halo games. What's the order in which they were released, starting from the first launch of Halo?

Thanks in Advance

Barry

:)

Have a look for Halo The Master Chief Collection in Gamepass, has them in order I think

No, I'm happy to wait for the new features.
Hi

Yes I know what you mean, I'm aware of the risks etc that come with betas. On other platforms, I don't install every beta lol.

Thanks

Hi

So just out of curiousity, those of you in this thread, what age are you and where are you from? Im 46 from Northern Ireland.

Don't be tempted to join the Insider Program! The frequency of updates gets annoying fast!

Oh, and 41/Scotland.

Don't be tempted to join the Insider Program! The frequency of updates gets annoying fast!

Oh, and 41/Scotland.
Hi

Thanks, but too late lol. I've already joined, but if its gets annoying I can cancel at anytime :)

Thanks

Hi

Thanks, but too late lol. I've already joined, but if its gets annoying I can cancel at anytime :)

Thanks

It might be different now but when I dropped out it basically factory reset my Xbox. Nothing about it was wort it, but YMMV :)

I was on the Alpha ring for my One X though I must have started on Omega then worked through to Beta. I think the main reason I ended up on the Alpha ring was for the early access to Game Pass testing/Beta release.

I've since had my Series X on the Beta ring not long after release. I've not noticed any issues that I could or would put down to the Series X OS, but I've had some funny behaviour with games at times (BF V sometimes has a few moments but I put it down to the servers rather than the console).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom